lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2019, 06:47 AM   #1
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Default Motor upgrade

I am redoing my cart. 99 ds regen 2 with tow run switch under seat. Have 6" lift, prob going with 22" tires. Cart is converted to lithium and has back seat. I primarily use cart at campground that is hilly. Looking for a nice torque motor, speed limit is 5mph so as long as im doing around 20mph whenever im happy. Someone recommended these motors. Whos running what.
Admiral mot b2 $509
D&D high torque 170-502 0002 $514
Waiting to hear back from plumb quick on the rhino motor $$$

Upgrading to alltrax 500tcx
400 solenoid
And getting rid of the pie box

Thx

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2019, 12:24 PM   #2
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Motor upgrade

I started with the same Regen 2 cart. I went with replacing the wiring harness to convert the cart to IQ. I wanted torque so I bought the Admiral A4 motor, Alltrax XCT500 controller and MCOR. Best advice from site sponsor David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars. If your pulling hills with a loaded rear seat, you may want to consider the torque of the A4 motor. Contact David and he'll walk you through it and probably save you some $$ on the upgrade components.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:25 PM   #3
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
I started with the same Regen 2 cart. I went with replacing the wiring harness to convert the cart to IQ. I wanted torque so I bought the Admiral A4 motor, Alltrax XCT500 controller and MCOR. Best advice from site sponsor David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars. If your pulling hills with a loaded rear seat, you may want to consider the torque of the A4 motor. Contact David and he'll walk you through it and probably save you some $$ on the upgrade components.
He recommended the d&d motor

Old 10-31-2019, 01:36 PM   #4
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Rhino motor $760

Old 10-31-2019, 01:51 PM   #5
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Don't forget to contact Chuck with EMP.

Never used one of his motors, but I've always read good things about them. Plus, I think he's the only builder I know of that installs a 2- speed switch on his motors to get a little extra speed out of them when a lot of torque isn't needed.

http://empinc.biz/
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing