lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2017, 01:51 PM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Clone kill relay wiring diagram

If I pull my relay out of the plug, it idles and no way to shut it off. So I could put in a switch to disable the relay in the pedal wire or ground to it, and then it would keep running. I really have no need for it so I did not. The one need is if I have to pull start it then I can't run the pedal, so then I can unplug the relay, which is right next to the recoil. I've done it just to make sure it starts that way lol. It started pretty easily.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2020, 07:55 PM   #22
jimmer2880
Not Yet Wild

Digging out this old, but extremely useful thread.

If my goal is to use pedal start/stop and the Ezgo Starter/Gen, what wires do I need from the original Predator 420 harness? I know I need the coil wire to ground from the relay to kill it. I'm trying to decide if I need any other wires. Can I unplug my Predator factory key switch assembly and remove it altogether?

Thanks for the great info. I'm very close to finishing my '95 Ezgo Predator swap.
jimmer2880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:11 AM   #23
jimmer2880
Not Yet Wild

The answer:

If you are using the Pedal kill wire and factory Ezgo starter/generator, none of the wires are required from the stock Predator Key switch.
jimmer2880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 07:29 PM   #24
Tripline123
Not Yet Wild

Almost ready to crank my new 459 in my G2. Just a bit concerned that I have the relay hooked to the correct wire on the predator 459. The kill wire comes from the ignition coil on the very top of the engine, correct? The other wires are the yellow oil shut of line which leads to a small black box where a black wire also goes into, then black wire out. To me this would make sense to be the kill wire. But everything I read and can find says it should lead from the top of the engine. Anyone know? I'm reusing the oem starter/generator and the 5 pin relay way to kill the engine.
Tripline123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 07:59 PM   #25
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Just bypass the box all together and extend the black wire to the relay. The box merges the low oil sensor with the kill wire. The motions of a golf cart can trigger the low oil sensor causing the engine to cut. BUT do check your oil regularly
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 10:16 PM   #26
Tripline123
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Just bypass the box all together and extend the black wire to the relay. The box merges the low oil sensor with the kill wire. The motions of a golf cart can trigger the low oil sensor causing the engine to cut. BUT do check your oil regularly
Thank you for all your help on this. So I got it running but it wouldn't shut off when letting go of gas pedal. This was with the relay attached to the wire coming on top of the motor. Now maybe my attachment to that wire wasn't good or as you say I had the wrong wire. Are you 100% sure that the black wire attached to the yellow wire is the kill wire on the 459? Just throws me off cause every other predator motor the kill wire comes from the same place the wire I have on the top does. And that black wire coming from the box with the yell wire has a red circle at the end. The manual says nothing about these wires.
Old 06-24-2023, 10:40 PM   #27
Tripline123
Not Yet Wild

This is really all I can find. And when watching this video it looks like the kill wire is the top wire. And that the charge coil is the brown wire coming out back of the block.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg killwire.JPG (63.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg killwier2.JPG (48.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-24-2023, 11:27 PM   #28
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

A simple test would be to just touch the black wire to the block with the engine running. A sure way to test if it is the kill.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 12:04 PM   #29
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The wire coming from the side of the coil is the kill wire. Find the wire coming from the white assembly next to the crank and it should go to the little box. Wire coming from that is the charging output.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 02:18 PM   #30
Tripline123
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
The wire coming from the side of the coil is the kill wire. Find the wire coming from the white assembly next to the crank and it should go to the little box. Wire coming from that is the charging output.
I just confirmed it is the black wire coming from the top. When engine is running and this wire is grounded to the block the engine dies. However, if I attach it to my 5 pin relay I wired the engine will not start. So I'm assuming that the wire I attached the positive pedal switch must not have a good connection. I'm getting there but slowly

Tags
clone, kill, relay, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps