lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2021, 10:38 AM   #11
br1ev8
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha G2 Big Block

Thanks for the kind words, sir! I enjoy getting my hands dirty...and my garage floor! I've gotten do something about all that red overspray at some point now haha.
br1ev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2021, 02:35 PM   #12
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by br1ev8 View Post
I've gotten do something about all that red overspray at some point now haha.
Take some sand, dump it on the ground, get a bunch of kids to drag their feet all over your concrete for $1 each I did the same thing in my garage, it actually worked.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:23 PM   #13
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Great write up! I enjoy reading build threads that include ingenuity.
Jammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:48 PM   #14
br1ev8
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Take some sand, dump it on the ground, get a bunch of kids to drag their feet all over your concrete for $1 each I did the same thing in my garage, it actually worked.

Haha, that's not a bad idea right there! I've got a couple kids that wouldn't mind making a couple bucks.
Old 03-04-2021, 03:50 PM   #15
br1ev8
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
Great write up! I enjoy reading build threads that include ingenuity.

Thank you! Most anything can be done, just a matter of figuring it out.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:13 PM   #16
br1ev8
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I installed some tail lights. A friend gave me 6 red emitting, grommet mounted LEDs a while back that he decided not to use on a project of his...figured I could use them for the tail lights.

I didn't want to drill holes in the body, but wanted them mounted flush with the rear of the body. So, I made a bracket out of EMT I cut up in pieces and welded together at an angle that would match the angle of the fender area of the body.

Then made a faceplate out of ABS plastic sheet

Welded some standoffs made out of EMT to the rear bumper and mounted the EMT / ABS bracket to it

My wife recently gifted me some replacement headlights and fog lights for my Tacoma. She got fog lights that came with the complete wiring harness, relay and push-button dash switch, which was meant for a Tacoma that didn't come factory with the fog light option. My Tacoma already had them jnstalled. I had previously wired up the golf cart headlights with a separate toggle switch, but I wanted to wire them to the ignition switch using a relay, so the key switch would have to be on before the headlight switch would work. So I figured I could use the fog light harness, relay and switch, replacing that sorta ugly looking toggle switch.

I made an aluminum backing plate for the fog light dash switch..the switch has tabs that allow it to snap into place. The switch is backlit, which is cool.

When I tested the lights I found that one of the LEDs was amber! Haha, oh well...just gonna roll with it for now.

Old 07-22-2021, 06:58 AM   #17
br1ev8
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I ended up putting some 22x12 wheels and tires in a few months ago and forgot to update the thread. We've been loving the cart...runs fantastic.

Old 07-22-2021, 07:18 PM   #18
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Nice!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:18 AM   #19
br1ev8
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you.

Those 22s were just a tad too big on the front. The lift on the cart was a homemade job by a former owner, which didn't locate the front a-arms forward. So, the tires would rub the floor supports upon steering lock under suspension compression. I had to cut the floor supports down by about half their width, then weld up new sections of angle behind the existing floor supports...worked out great.
Old 07-24-2021, 09:32 PM   #20
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Very nice looking cart! The early Yami's are well built carts, always liked the G2/G9. FYI, even with a Jake's or All Sports lift kit you still need to trim the rocker back, I've done two of those carts and they both needed trimmed.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!