lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #41
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default re: RXV Auto Brake Problem

Good job Cartboy.
So they're having some issues with cheap solenoids; now that's information that is informative.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #42
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Now I'm wondering if I will see a Bulletin from EZGO notifying of a soleniod recall? Still have not heard of this in our region. Cartboy, so I can look at your production time, what are the first 4 numbers in one of your serial numbers? That will be enough info to make a decent guess...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
Old 08-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #43
gaston
Gone Wild

Here's what I was talking about, the magnetic brakes USES electricity to operate and that's why is frying other parts if not itself. Heavier requirements of braking needs the magnet to suck more power.
We will start to see issues on this type of brakes when we start to lift and put this system into heavier requirements and we will start to design our own solutions other than their easy statement "when you buy parts from a crappy supplier without checking out their claims, you get crappy parts".
Keep us posted cartboy, for me this is not the end of the story, sorry to say and think that... and thanks for taking the time to post this, at a certain point, I as some others here, was about to unsubscribe from this thread as I was learning nothing. My apologies.

Do you happen to take pictures of the old type solenoid and the new they put? this can tell us the reality about
Old 08-25-2009, 09:03 AM   #44
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaston View Post
Here's what I was talking about, the magnetic brakes USES electricity to operate and that's why is frying other parts if not itself. Heavier requirements of braking needs the magnet to suck more power.
We will start to see issues on this type of brakes when we start to lift and put this system into heavier requirements and we will start to design our own solutions other than their easy statement "when you buy parts from a crappy supplier without checking out their claims, you get crappy parts".
Keep us posted cartboy, for me this is not the end of the story, sorry to say and think that... and thanks for taking the time to post this, at a certain point, I as some others here, was about to unsubscribe from this thread as I was learning nothing. My apologies.

Do you happen to take pictures of the old type solenoid and the new they put? this can tell us the reality about
If I get service bulliten from EZGO, I will publish it here...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
Old 08-25-2009, 09:33 AM   #45
cartboy
Gone Wild

We have a shotgun event this morning and I am going in to clean it up and handle PM open golf. I will stick the request to check serial #s in my pocket and try to do that if I have time.

I have been thinking about some of y'all's situations, how in the resale business you are not in the same situation as those buying or leasing firsthand from EZGo.

Perhaps you could contact EZGo, let them know you are aware of this problem, now that you are, and ask how you can identify/distinguish the bad from the good.

As for me doing that, as I have previously reported, the EZGo folks have not wanted me involved in this process, as I have offered to be to save them the trip, and I have been as close to it as I will likely be able to get. I would be pushing the envelope to try to take pictures, etc.

As for y'all not having immediate answers, and getting a little annoyed, how about us, trying to run a golf course while having the problem? You wanna try to field 105 golfers for a shotgun, or a celebrity tournament, and have to worry about how many carts will lock up?
Old 08-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #46
cartboy
Gone Wild

Wow! I'm a sticky.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #47
gaston
Gone Wild

Thumbs up re: RXV Auto Brake Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartboy View Post
Wow! I'm a sticky.

not you, the RXV auto-brake problem,
Old 08-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #48
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartboy View Post
I will stick the request to check serial #s in my pocket and try to do that if I have time.
Our carts are sequential . . . . 50344XX
Old 09-01-2009, 09:31 AM   #49
cartboy
Gone Wild

Would a moderator please PM me concerning this thread.

Thanks.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #50
dougmcp
Gone Wild

You getting hate mail from EZGO?
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO