lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
Pistermete
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Camo paint ideas

Just wondering how many camo painted carts are out there, I am in the process of deciding what to do to my G2 and would like some pics or ideas from everyone.
Once I decide I will post pics of the old girl.
P.S. I am leaning towards a woodland camo pattern with real deer antlers on the front cowling.

Pete
Pistermete is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
Pistermete
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Camo paint ideas

Forgot to ask if anyone has any experience with the vinyl body kits available, prices are around $180 for a golf cart, and no over spray.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I just went with the old $30 worth of Rustoleum camo paint. Four colors, olive, tan, brown, black. Turned out pretty decent. My cart is for work and off road so I wasn't worried about it being too pretty. We tested it out in the woods and couldn't find it for an hour, LOL! I really wanted the vinyl wrap thing, but chickened out due to cost.
slonomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Pete, I had my workhorse body camo wrapped in Real tree AP and coated with a satin clear. Turned out excellent. Sorry, no pics, cart is at the lake house and keep forgetting to bring the camera up there.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
Pistermete
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

KG, how difficult was the application process, I have heard of some guys doing a cart in an afternoon, but my afternoons are usually pretty busy.
Did you go for the permanent stuff or the removable.
Slonomo, did you freehand the camo pattern or use stencils, I stenciled my duck boat(canoe), it was free so I didn't care too much, and it turned out alright.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:00 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistermete View Post
KG, how difficult was the application process, I have heard of some guys doing a cart in an afternoon, but my afternoons are usually pretty busy.
Did you go for the permanent stuff or the removable.
Slonomo, did you freehand the camo pattern or use stencils, I stenciled my duck boat(canoe), it was free so I didn't care too much, and it turned out alright.
Mine was easy, I paid someone to do it Actually mine was dipped. It is not a buy off the shelf kind of deal. Was not cheap, about $400, but looks awesome. Yes I know, we need pics. I will try to get some this weekend.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I used some different sized oak leaves and tall grasses and sticks as reverse stencils. I painted the whole body olive green. Went over it with dark brown leaf images, then tan with some grasses in there, then some black overspray and redid some olive leaf images. It turned out pretty good, looks much better in person. Again, I wasn't going for the "best in show" award. My cart is made to be scratched and it gets dirty.
slonomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
EastlakeRoo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is my 2006 EZGO they we purchased about a month ago that was dipped with the camo look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GOLFCART1.jpg (51.8 KB, 0 views)
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
Pistermete
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Finished painting the boby panels today, have a little black to spray on the areas that are not painted but I think it looks pretty good, for a cart only cost me a case of beer.
I still have some highlights to do after the cart is reassembled, but for now I am going to sit in the yard and watch paint dry.
The last pic is obviously pre paint, other than the red purple and blue that were on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1895.jpg (290.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1896.jpg (307.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1892.jpg (300.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Nice job! Turned out great

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint