lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #11
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR reaching full potential? 5K?

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2014, 08:16 AM   #12
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had the same issue with jerky throttle, the Alltrax can be adjusted through the program to smoothen it out, the thing is like Scottyb said the Alltrax is so sensitive it has to be a smooth transition in the throttle (MCOR) otherwise it won't work right but you can turn that down some in the Alltrax program, just not sure how much. Rather than play with that and that exposed adapter circuit board I just exchanged it for a curtis. Really I don't see why anyone needs a programmable controller in the first place, they are expensive and once you get your cart running well you'll probably never play with that again, other than trouble shooting. I know, they are all like that now days LOL but the old ones you set and forget work well.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #13
stang99x
Gone Wild

I was just in Augusta this week.......at Club Car's facility. Nice place, good training but the tech's that come in for training are about Forrest Gump level retards.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang99x View Post
I was just in Augusta this week.......at Club Car's facility. Nice place, good training but the tech's that come in for training are about Forrest Gump level retards.
I've heard the same thing about those classes. lol
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #15
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I've heard the same thing about those classes. lol
The classes are "entry level" basic trouble shooting on 2014 and upcoming 2015 models. It's very geared toward electrical. While informative, it is rather elementary. But the folks that were in from Cali and Arizona were obviously in well over their heads. I did get some good info from the teacher outside of the class instruction though.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

You'd be surprised how many of those Forrest Gump technician's open up shop and try to go into the business for themselves. It doesn't usually last long.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:43 PM   #17
stang99x
Gone Wild

What was really funny was the teacher said at the end of the first day, ok that cart right there won't charge. Yall go figure out what's wrong. They all jumped in and started tearing down the cart and I stood back and watched. The teacher came over and asked why I wasn't in there looking. I said well, we just did the charger part of the course. We took all these chargers apart and tested them, and they all worked. They all had green dot's on the front. That cart has a charger with a red dot on it.....so obviously the charger doesn't work.....but I'd rather see these idiots faces when they ask me and I tell them what's wrong after they rip the cart apart than just tell them now........and the charger had a bad resistor. They couldn't figure out how I knew that without looking at anything. If they can't see something that blatantly obvious, they shouldn't be in this line of work
Old 08-13-2014, 09:50 PM   #18
moterin
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sorry fellas I don't mean to highjack this tread but i have a questions about the MCOR. I have an 09 club car just put new batteries and upgraded wires. bought cart with lift, rims, and tires. Here's my problem notice some jerking at all throttle positions so I brought it to the local guy who works on carts well he hooked it up to his computer and said all things are pointing toward the MCOR. Well he is telling me its on national back order and will take 1 to 2 months for part to come in. I don't mind waiting my cart is drivable just wondering if anybody had some input on the situation.
Thanks.
moterin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:22 AM   #19
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by moterin View Post
Sorry fellas I don't mean to highjack this tread but i have a questions about the MCOR. I have an 09 club car just put new batteries and upgraded wires. bought cart with lift, rims, and tires. Here's my problem notice some jerking at all throttle positions so I brought it to the local guy who works on carts well he hooked it up to his computer and said all things are pointing toward the MCOR. Well he is telling me its on national back order and will take 1 to 2 months for part to come in. I don't mind waiting my cart is drivable just wondering if anybody had some input on the situation.
Thanks.
You aren't hijacking, we were just wandering off on other topics. Make sure that he tested the resistors in line between the MCOR and the computer. If memory serves, there are 3 inline resistors in the wiring between the MCOR and the computer. I think they are about where the charger port is in the harness. Those going bad can cause jerky throttle

I'm not sure why they'd be back ordered. I was at Club in Augusta just about a week ago and they had a box of them just sitting in the training room.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #20
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I don't know why they're backordered either. Call another dealer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car