lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
Kenneths
Not Yet Wild

Default 48 Volt Precedent erratic movement

I have a 2008 Club Car Precedent 48v with (4) 12v batteries. My problem started about 1 year ago when the cart would stop while under power but if i lifted my foot and pressed the accelerator peddle again it would run again. After reading on this site and following the test I determined the speed controller was bad. I replaced it with one I bought on line and it worked fine.
Recently it started shuddering when I would take off. I started researching on here again and that is when I found out about the cheap China speed controllers which is what I had bought. I figured that was the problem so I bought a new one for $150. I installed it and the cart would not move. I removed it and put the China one back on and it returned to the shuddering. I then continued reading here and determined the MCOR must be going bad, replaced it but nothing changed, in fact the shuddering became worse. Removed the China speed controller and put the new one on and now the cart wont move at all again. The solenoid sounds like it is engaging fine, the batteries are fully charged and showing 51v. The cart moves freely in the run position with either of the speed controllers on it so are they both bad?

I have tried to give all of the information needed if I have overlooked something please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Kenneths is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2019, 05:06 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 48 Volt Precedent erratic movement

If you are getting no resistance when manually moving the cart (and in Run) then your speed sensor is bad. One of these https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/s...sorsandmagnets will fit based on your motor design...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:57 PM   #3
Kenneths
Not Yet Wild

Update:
Been busy at work but tested my solenoid and it tested bad. Had my wife pick up a new solenoid and a new speed sensor at the local cart place. I installed the solenoid and tested, still won't move. Installed the new speed sensor, still won't do anything! Put the new MCOR 2 on, still nothing! This is getting very expensive! Another note, I can still move the cart easily with the tow run switch in either position? Help!
Old 10-02-2019, 07:44 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

We offer free tech support Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM Eastern Time (3PM Tomorrow. I'm leaving early). Grab a multimeter and a cell phone and give us a shout. 706-431-3917
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:16 PM   #5
Kenneths
Not Yet Wild

Thanks David, I really appreciate all the help. The only issue is I leave for work at 6:30 am and don't get home until 6pm central time.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:52 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

It is sounding more and more like a bad controller issue. David's point with the meter is he can point you to some tests to help identify it. Maybe call at lunch and talk to him on what to do when you get home.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:50 AM   #7
biphase
Gone Wild

Why has no one mentioned batteries? Shuddering on take-off is almost always caused by one or more bad batteries. Batteries should always be measured under load while driving the cart.
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 06:52 AM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

In a Series wound motor they do that heavily, but in a Sepex they generally do not. Not to say this is not a different occurrence, but when OP states 51v and the problems gets worse with the parts being replaced (especially when the motor brake/Roll-Away is not active), it just appears to be something else. Just needs to be trouble shot some more to determine whatever it is.

And we all know how "unpredictable" carts can be...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car