lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2018, 03:45 PM   #1
WaceyNM
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 Club Car Gas starting issues

I have a 97 club Car DS gas. Starter will turn the engine over as soon as the micro switch is engaged. it. I’m not the original owner so what has been done before I dunno. When I press the pedal the engine will turn over and idle and stay idling when I depress the pedal. Turns off with the key or when I go from reverse to forward. My issue is while it’s idling if I give it any gas it quits firing (but starter is still turning the engine) I have to pump the pedal and when I let off the pedal it will catch and I have to feather it. Once I catch it it runs fine until I come to a stop again. It will stay idling but taking off from an idle is a PITA! Carb is the amazon special. Fuel smells a little varnished so I cleaned the carb and drained what I could from the tank and put in 5 gallons of fresh gas. But each time while it’s idling as soon as the butterfly opens even a hair it falls on its face.
WaceyNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2018, 04:02 PM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 97 Club Car Gas starting issues

Sounds like a fuel filter or pump issue to me.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:39 PM   #3
raenglehart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

2nd what he said [emoji3516]

Fuel delivery issue....get rid of that Amazon $18 junk carb....complete Chinese junk and will cause loads of problems most times.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
raenglehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:37 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

What they said, plus check the pulse line for cracks, etc.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:45 PM   #5
WaceyNM
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies. After sitting the first fuel filter is clogged and full of sediment. Looks like I’m gonna have to take the mad Jax back seat and body off to clean out the fuel tank. Should’ve done that when i had it all apart. My mistake. Any way of getting the tank out without body removal?
WaceyNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car