lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2018, 04:23 PM   #1
tomakazi
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Which way to go

I have a dilemma and am seeking advice from someone qualified.
I have a 94 DS in extremely nice condition.
I've installed a Jakes lift kit, oversize tires and a nice little pick up bed.
I have my shotgun scabbards mounted on a temporary basis in the bed and use the cart primarily for sporting clays and getting around the shotgun club in general.
The other day I was backing out of my shop and heard a pop and smelled smoke.
Apparently the pop was the Curtis motor control as I found the end cap on the ground.
So here's the deal, I'm going to be out for a new motor controller plus my T-105 Trojans are at their life cycle so it's going to cost me 13-14 hundred to put it back in shape.
I have thought about converting it to gas but most of what I have read here and elsewhere say it's a bad idea.
I know that the diff would need to be changed, a motor acquired as well as a gas tank, plumbing, battery and tray and other hardware.
I have seen gas diffs complete with axles, hubs etc for 4-5 hundred and I'm sure I could find an engine and the other parts if I dig and scratch around a bit.
Qualified opinions please.
tomakazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2018, 05:11 PM   #2
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Which way to go

I just upgraded my 94 DS to a 500A controller and 48V. I still have the original Curtiss 1204-015 controller if you want to go the good used route. Let me know. I have the solenoid too.

Last edited by HaulnA$$; 08-26-2018 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: Bad grammar
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:28 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Not to over complicate or simplify, but you are talking a lot more time, effort and expense to convert over to gas unless you have a donor cart sitting around.

Sounds like a nice art you have so replace the controller with one like HaulnA$$ and with the money you save, upgrade to a lithium pack and get away from the lead acid batteries.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:59 AM   #4
tomakazi
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulnA$$ View Post
I just upgraded my 94 DS to a 500A controller and 48V. I still have the original Curtiss 1204-015 controller if you want to go the good used route. Let me know. I have the solenoid too.
I sent you a pm.
tomakazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car