lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2016, 05:27 PM   #1
felber61
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default adjustment screw for 87

Okay so I'm on my 3rd Carb now and everyone has worked fine but the mixture screws keep falling out of the darn things. I have set the nut so tight that I think I'm going to break the castings and even used red Loctite the last time. Any ideas on where to just get the mixture screw? Or at least how to get the darn things to stay in?? The cart continues to run without it but obviously this is bad for it since I'm on my second top end in less than 18 months. Thanks in advance.
felber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2016, 03:00 PM   #2
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: adjustment screw for 87

Seriously doubt you will be able to buy just the screw. I have no ide what the thread is on it, maybe 4 40, it is small! Could be metric too depending on the carb you got. Probably the easiest, fastest way would be to buy the cheapest carb you could get on ebay and use that screw and hope it is the same thread as yours. Red locktite should hold it just fine especially with the lock nut. Before you put it on, be sure to use brake clean and blow everything dry. Clean and dry is the key. Since you had issues before, maybe even get some of the locktite primer.
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:09 PM   #3
felber61
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: adjustment screw for 87

That's what I figured. Thanks for the reply though!
felber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO