lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
jrmacm@gmail.com
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Yamaha 48 volt charger cord for 2007 Drive

The cord that leads to the cart for charging has pulled out of the charger. It has three female blade connections on the cord (green, black, & white wires) and three male blade connections inside the charger.

My problem: which color wire connects to which male connector inside the charger. Inside the charger the male blades are marked (DC, RXD, TXD). A wiring diagram or just a smart person would be helpful. Thanks
jrmacm@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2008, 09:00 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha 48 volt charger cord for 2007 Drive

Post the maker and model number of your charger..... all of the Lester made chargers have diagrams available online.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
jrmacm@gmail.com
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, it's a model JW2-H2107-01, Yamaha 48 volt charger, multi-stage battery charger maintainer. MD1: 4*T-1275
Old 12-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmacm@gmail.com View Post
Thanks, it's a model JW2-H2107-01, Yamaha 48 volt charger, multi-stage battery charger maintainer. MD1: 4*T-1275
You have the new Yamaha charger, I've done this before, but I've off work 1 1/2 weeks and would hate to tell you wrong. I plan to go to the shop tommarrow and will take a picture or get you the diagram, if you can wait that long. In my minds eye...I know the "green/ground" goes to the "spade" on the far right side (as you have the cover off and looking down from the top, with the "led" lite on the right hand side) I beleive the "black" is in the center and the "white" goes to the far left. But I remember there being 2 spades at the black and/or white connections? Can you wait till tommarow? Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:29 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It would certainly be worth him waiting to find such invaluable information so easily..... Dave, people like you make BGW the best buggie site on the web...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #6
jrmacm@gmail.com
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much for the help. I have no problem waiting, I don't want to hook it up wrong and have to spend $400+ because I was wrong. Thanks again.

Jeff
Old 12-29-2008, 04:18 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Lets try the pic's and my lame discription. White-left hand side-board reads "DC+"/Black-middle-board reads "DC-/ Green-right hand side-reads "TXO or TXD"? I know the green lead has 2 spades, you want to use the "left hand side spade". Hope this helped.....and quit pulling out your DC cord! Later Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2008_1229Image0001 (Small).JPG (49.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_1229Image0003 (Small).JPG (66.1 KB, 27 views)
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum jrmacm..................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:30 PM   #9
kopo&gus
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

I have the same problem with the cord having been pulled out of the charger. The model number is the same with the exception of -03 at the end of the model number. It has two spade terminals behind the light bar display. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
kopo&gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:38 PM   #10
froghos@aol.com
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thumbs up Re: Yamaha 48 volt charger cord for 2007 Drive

Thank you Dave, your "lame" description pointed me to the right answer. I was only seeing 3 spades DC-, TXD and RXD, there are four. I totally missed the DC+ on the far left until I read your description and looked at the pics. Listen to the wise man Dave, for the Green there are two blades, one on the right is labeled RXD and one on the left is labeled TXD. Dave said use TXD on the left.

Up and running again. I have told my daughter to make sure the cart is unplug and the cord hung up before moving it. At least the charger was designed to be "break away" instead of "rip it out".
froghos@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha