lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
atomarchio
Getting Wild

Default 2006 Precedent runs slow. Is there a problem?

Recently purchased a 2006 Club Car Precedent which has 2008 batteries. It seemed to be working fine but I have noticed the golf runs slow when compared to other similar carts.

Yesterday, I called the person I purchased the cart from and he is offering a method to speed up the cart to 19.6 mph for a fee. However, I only want the cart to run at the same speed as the other carts. My neighbor purchased a similar cart from the same guy and his runs much faster.

How do I determine whether there is a problem with the cart or if this particular cart is supposed to run slow than others?

Please let me know. Thank you.
atomarchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Precedent runs slow. Is there a problem?

Sounds like the speed is turned down, you need to purchase the code for the 19.6 mph. He should do a code 3 for free but might charge for it too. Still might be slow to other carts. You can convert to get away from codes but will cost more.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
atomarchio
Getting Wild

I did not realize there is more than one default speed. Is that correct? How slow can this cart be going then?

What is a code 3?

Can the increase in speed to 19.6 mph be done at my home? Or does require the cart to go back and forth from the dealer? How much should this cost?

Please advise. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomarchio View Post
Recently purchased a 2006 Club Car Precedent which has 2008 batteries. It seemed to be working fine but I have noticed the golf runs slow when compared to other similar carts.

Yesterday, I called the person I purchased the cart from and he is offering a method to speed up the cart to 19.6 mph for a fee. However, I only want the cart to run at the same speed as the other carts. My neighbor purchased a similar cart from the same guy and his runs much faster.

How do I determine whether there is a problem with the cart or if this particular cart is supposed to run slow than others?

Please let me know. Thank you.
The Precedent IQ has 4 speed settings, three of which are no charge and the fourth, Speed Code 4 takes the cart to 19.6 but some run at the 19 mph mark. A CC dealer needs to order the code from CC using your controller serial number and pay for it as well. Most dealers charge around $100 for it installed which takes a special programing tool that they own. I'd go with the code 4 since you still need the programmer to change your speed code if its at the 8, 11 or 14.6 currently, Code 1,2 or 3.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #5
atomarchio
Getting Wild

Thank you for explaining. Mine must be at 8mph because I can't believe how slow it compared to others.

Can the CC dealer do this at my home or does the cart have to go back to the dealer?

Please let me know. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thank you for explaining. Mine must be at 8mph because I can't believe how slow it compared to others.

Can the CC dealer do this at my home or does the cart have to go back to the dealer?

Please let me know. Thanks.
If they do house calls they can.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #7
atomarchio
Getting Wild

Is there any way for me to figure out what speed it's currently set at?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #8
atomarchio
Getting Wild

The dealer came out to my house with handheld computer and increased the speed from Code 2 to Code 3. The increase in speed is noticeable.

Thank you for your help with explaining the codes.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #9
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
The dealer came out to my house with handheld computer and increased the speed from Code 2 to Code 3. The increase in speed is noticeable.

Thank you for your help with explaining the codes.
You're very welcome
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car