lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
s1120
Not Yet Wild

Default 83 always cranks. Help!

OK... I replaced the throttle cable, pos battery cable, and fuel lines on my cart. Now you hook up the battery and it cranks all the time. What did I do wrong?? What triggers the engine cranking? Any help would be awesome!!
s1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 83 always cranks. Help!

What triggers the cranking is the solenoid and what triggers that is the throttle switch via the ignition switch. Are you saying that the thing cranks even with the ignition off? Do you have a voltmeter for fault finding? If it only cranks with the ignition on then I suspect that you have pulled the throttle too tight which has activated the throttle switch. Let us know.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
s1120
Not Yet Wild

Yes eaven with the switch off it cranks. I adjusted the throttle switch so it clicks after about a 1/2" of pedal travel.

Before I did this it started normal. I don't see any wires I knocked off
Old 12-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
s1120
Not Yet Wild

Ok did some checking. The big term on the left is the batt feed. There is continuity between that, and the small term on the right. Is that correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (206.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

No that is not right. The image here is rotated but the big terminal at the bottom looks like your new battery feed. There should be a thin wire from there to a fuse then to the ignition switch then to the throttle switch then to the small terminal on the solenoid. It looks like you have a live feed direct to the small terminal. As this is the area you were working in I suspect that you have miss wired it.

Dave
Old 12-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
s1120
Not Yet Wild

What's this switch? It pulls power from the hot side of the Ing switch but the output of it is disconnected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (214.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
s1120
Not Yet Wild

OK so doing more checking... its gotta be a bad seloniod. Its pretty old, and I'm guessing when I removed that cable it twisted something inside it no other wires were removed.

Those seloniods are cart only right? Not the same as a car one?
Old 12-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

The switch shown is the reverse warning microswitch. I expect that it never worked as it was disconnected right?

If you are sure the wiring is correct then it is possible that the solenoid has jammed shut although this is unusual. With the battery disconnected you could test this by placing an ohmmeter across the two big terminals, if it reads zero it is defective. You are correct that you must use a 12 volt constant duty device.

Dave
Old 12-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
s1120
Not Yet Wild

OK talking to the local cart place, and seems the old seloniod on the cart was a automotive one. After figureing that out, and explaning what I did... well pretty sure its that. And for about 20 bucks its worth a shot!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO