lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Sled Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #41
ezekial21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to make your Sled Motor haul the mail in your EZGO

So when you flip the axel you have to cut the perches off that secure the swing arm to axel those perches am i going to have to salvage them or can you buy new ones some were thats about were im at.
ezekial21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #42
ezekial21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Got it flipped time to weld it up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140803_174341.jpg (223.6 KB, 0 views)
ezekial21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #43
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Nifty tip!

Many older sled engines don't care if you put the jugs on backward, making space less an issue, and getting the hot/noisy bits farther from your hiney.
TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #44
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The secondary can affect top speed by the spring and how far the belt drops down into it. The outside diameter would be your low gear so to speak, larger is lower initial gearing. Having been tuning on my 94c lately some stiff springs wont let the clutch close all the way and get belt to the top, ones that do the top speed is much better. Another issue is distance between clutches can affect the initial low gearing and/or the top gear ratio, same goes for belt length and width it will change how it rides in the sheaves. I have modded on my clutches to get them to open more and things like that to get max range of ratios. If your belt is just half inch from top of primary or bottom of secondary, it will make a difference in top speed. The only good part is when you get it working right you don't have to mess with it anymore. (when will that ever happen? lol) This is on my clone, it should roughly do around 40mph at just over 5K rpm on 22s. I only go that fast when I test it down a road, its a little hairy feeling even after getting the steering aligned right. Its just I'm out there with no belt/cage/helmet/etc since I rarely hit 30 in normal trail and yard riding.

This is not a good pic, but its the yamaha G9 shaft. It has a spline on the inside to hold the helix (actually the shoe carrier/hub as the helix ramps are on the inner sheave that is the movable) and has a taper fit on the end for the fixed outer sheave. The taper has a half moon key in the taper, pretty small thing. Then the threads at the end for the nut.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0133.JPG (162.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0118.JPG (252.3 KB, 0 views)
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:13 PM   #45
Olddude42
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Can you still use the starter/generator some how so that the forward/reverse switch still works?
Olddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:27 PM   #46
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You have to run a special trigger on the crank, it changes the timing so the engine can run backwards. That is how 2 strokes have reverse with no reverse gear in the trans.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:25 AM   #47
Olddude42
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

I pull started the snowmobile engine in both directions and it ran fine both ways so should work if I can figure out how to bolt on the starter/generator.
Olddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Sled Engine Swaps