lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2023, 07:34 PM   #21
ewsisk1s
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Gas Coming From Crankcase Vent

Well that time the float was stuck, took is apart (again) and there was some debris that I cleaned and now it is not pouring out anymore. I don’t see any coming from the pcv yet so maybe that was the fix all along. I am going to order a new carb and put in some spark plugs to see if they are still fouling so quickly. If I take the pump apart will I be able to see if any diaphragms are torn? I have never take one apart before
ewsisk1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2023, 08:21 PM   #22
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

A few things…

You probably have one of the plastic fuel pumps. You can’t take those apart. However a brand new one is around $20 on Amazon for a genuine mikuni Briggs and Stratton pump. It’s exactly the same as the ezgo mikuni fuel pump except it’s like $23 instead of like $75. Just be SURE it says mikuni on the back of it, they have a little Briggs and Stratton emblem on the front too.

As for the carb, all it takes is one grain of dirt/sand to hold the float open. If it is open, it will flood and that will wash out the cylinders and end up with fuel in the oil. I’d be sure the carb is good before replacing the fuel pump also, chances are the pump is perfectly fine. But something ain’t right with your carb.

Get a genuine oem carb for your cart. Either from ezgo.txtsv parts or country cat. Anything you get from Amazon or eBay is gonna be Chinese junk and you’re not gonna be any better off than you are now.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 09:52 PM   #23
ewsisk1s
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! I have a carburetor on order. After some investigation, it looks like the one that is on there is for a pre MCI engine, however, this is an MCI engine, not sure how much different this makes though but the main jets are different according to the txt parts website
Old 01-31-2023, 09:25 AM   #24
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Where's the water coming from?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 09:35 PM   #25
ewsisk1s
Not Yet Wild

I was assuming condensation cause it is cold out
Old 02-02-2023, 03:58 PM   #26
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I’ve never had any noticeable amount of water like that in an intake or carb from temperature change/condensation.
Might want to check the air filter, the filter box, and any tubing or passages that feed air to the filter for water.

I’d also make sure the engine oil doesn’t have water in it. And check the float bowl on the carb for water in the fuel.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 02:27 PM   #27
ewsisk1s
Not Yet Wild

The air filter is dry, it is just this intake hose that gets moisture. There is a lot of pressure coming from the vent tube in this air intake. Perhaps that is carrying some moisture? I have changed the carb and didn’t notice any water in the bowl while draining. Is there another way that water would get into the crankcase and come through the vent tube into this intake hose?
Old 02-03-2023, 06:51 PM   #28
ewsisk1s
Not Yet Wild

Update: Installed a new carb directly from ezgo. After about 10 minutes of driving I pulled the plugs and the first one was completely dry and the other one was wet. Pictures attached. Any ideas here? Does this look like gas or oil fouling? If oil I am assuming valve stem seals?
Old 02-03-2023, 08:17 PM   #29
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

That wet plug doesn’t look like it’s firing. The dry one looks a little dark but it’s okay, I’ve seen way worse. It won’t really get the color until you run it a while.

Bigger problem is the wet one. Put the dry one in and hook it all up like normal. Leave the wet one out, plug it into the wire and hold it against the exhaust and spin the engine. Tell us what the spark looks like.

How old are your wires? And what year is your cart? The older pre-mci motors you can change just the wires, new ones on Amazon are like 20 bucks.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 01:25 PM   #30
ewsisk1s
Not Yet Wild

The spark looks great. I grounded it out on the exhaust and the spark seems strong. Put a new plug in that side, ran for 1 minute and it is already wet. Out of curiosity I played the wire off of that side and tried to start it and it wouldn’t start. Hooked the spark plug wire back up and it runs. I am thinking it is oil that is fouling the plugs from valve stem seals. Does that sound like it is worth checking? I have a set that just came in and plan to replace them today

Tags
crankcase vent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO