lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2023, 08:41 AM   #11
mtollin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lithium battery questions/choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
The charger would work but you need to install a bluetooth app to reconfigure (select the correct charging profile) the charger for lifepo4 batteries... What charger did you use with your old extreme team battery? that should work..
Summitt told me they don't work on all lithium and they are still testing. Told to if I use it to charge at my own risk. Called Allied and they said no, voids warranty on battery if don't use their charger. Pretty sure Eco is the same.

I'm hoping this changes as I have a Summitt and don't want to buy another charger.
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2023, 08:52 AM   #12
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Summit did not work on my first pack (granted it was a Chevy Volt setup, but they originally told me it would). I believe the Eco packs come with a charger included in the price.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 08:53 AM   #13
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I’m offended

Now I’ll go cry in the corner and wait for augiedoggy to come tell us all that all drop in’s suck and the only right choice is to build your own

(Just playing augie)
I was afraid of that!!! I know that you are a sensitive man (can I still use that term?) and I tried to gingerly respond-now I realize that I missed the mark and feel terrible :(
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 09:09 AM   #14
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Summit did not work on my first pack (granted it was a Chevy Volt setup, but they originally told me it would). I believe the Eco packs come with a charger included in the price.

You can buy just the battery and not the bundle pack. Trying not to buy another charger .
Beerman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 09:10 AM   #15
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
The charger would work but you need to install a bluetooth app to reconfigure (select the correct charging profile) the charger for lifepo4 batteries... What charger did you use with your old extreme team battery? that should work..

I didn’t have extreme team, I have T875s now that are wearing down soon, trying to figure if lithium is worth the few extra $ and I think it will be if I don’t have to get a charger.
Old 01-24-2023, 09:12 AM   #16
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I'm using the Eco 51v 72ah in my modified TXT48. The 72ah yields more run time than 6/8v LA batteries and max amp draw (MAD) is 300 amps. Has worked without a hitch since the easy installation which took less than 1 hour with battery tray clean up and painting.
Running an UNO 90ah in another TXT48 cart (big tires, big motor, big control) and it's running good as well. Both single battery set ups are simple and easy to install.

Good to hear! Scotty you know if the Summit 2 is compatible with the Eco or Allied ?
Old 01-24-2023, 09:13 AM   #17
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I just installed ECO in a buddy's cart. I would get the included charger. It looks like a nice robust unit. I don't trust the Summit. Their support for Lithium is sketchy at best and they won't even support my Leaf pack at all.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 09:32 AM   #18
SoonerChris
Not Yet Wild

Based on all the research I did I purchased the ECO 72Ah kit yesterday. Looking for any tips or tricks installing in a 2011 Precedent. I found this video and it's seems pretty detailed. Any other tips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFjj...ist=WL&index=4
SoonerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 10:28 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman24 View Post
Good to hear! Scotty you know if the Summit 2 is compatible with the Eco or Allied ?
It is not. Lithium has very different charge requirements. Charging lithium must be done properly to be safe. Don't fool around here. Sell the Summit and get the Combo pack with Eco or Uno charger. It will be a wash you can live with.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 01:03 PM   #20
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman24 View Post
I didn’t have extreme team, I have T875s now that are wearing down soon, trying to figure if lithium is worth the few extra $ and I think it will be if I don’t have to get a charger.
Ah there must be another beer man on here. Sorry.. strange that summit 2 says it won't work but the places selling them say it's speced for it and one even offers screenshots on how to do it in the app?
Lithium required a 3 stage charge that switches to constant voltage trickle charging towards the end.. you can actually use a constant current/constant voltage variable power supply to charge them as well but it's not ideal as far as ease and hands off simplicity.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car