lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2023, 11:37 PM   #1
ctigger43
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default 2013 ego rxv conversion to lithium problems

Newbie, drop new 12v 100 ah lithium batteries to replace 4 trojans lead acid. Just no problem until I found no lights, signals, accessories. Golf shop said to add a 48 volt to 12 volt convertor. However, how to I hook up. My initial set up showed three wires on the positive terminal to the solenoid (+ postive main red one and two came from the charging plug), Then three wires on the negative terminal to make 48 volts, one dedicated to the charging plug, the other smaller wire not sure. My ego rxv has three fuse holders that relate to all the accessories according to my wire diagram, but no wires Positive and negative wires going to the battery post. Instruction tell me to wire into these wires and then into the positive and negative wires that feed the accessories up front. At a loss thanks
ctigger43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2023, 08:01 AM   #2
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2013 ego rxv conversion to lithium problems

First off, hopefully you dont have bms reset issues with all those little 12v lithium batteries many or those only have a 50a or 100a continuous discharge which means the whole battery pack is limited to 50a or 100a when wired in a series. (most stock controllers are 225a or more) Some combinations work and some dont, if a golf cart shop sold them to you they may have been tested for such use and may be ok.

In any case you havent explained what power converter you have so Im not sure how much help anyone can be... the smaller wire is sometimes the key switch wire normally theres one wire thats supposed to go to the main positive battery terminal and one that goes to the main negative, then one 12v positive and one negative 12 wire.. then sometimes a trigger/key switch wire. other manufatucturers use that smaller wire for constant 12v to use for a car radios memory...

You really need to tell us what model power converter you have. the wiring steps you explained do not make sense to me at all unless your talking about stock ezgo wiring of some kind and not the converter? if you cant figure out which wires are 12v accessories it may be best to take it somewhere. often these things did not come with the cart unless they were wired to a factory 48 to 12v converter already.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 10:07 AM   #3
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I can't help you with the hook up tigger but I know the wire for the "key" goes to the solenoid on a RXV. The key switch on these carts has 5volt and pack voltage, touch them together and kill the controller.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 03:33 PM   #4
ctigger43
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

thank you both for the help,

little bit concerned. My controller date is 2010 on my rxv, my good friend put same 12v 100ah Lifepo4 lithium batteries in his 2013 ezgo cart and hasn't had any problems, although mine is a different brand name but same specs. My controller doesn't list what amps it runs. Hopefully this isn't won't become an issue, bought on amazon.

Secondly, the golf shop sold me a Tocsin 360 W dc-dc converter, Input 48v out put 12v 30A max.

My 2010 was refurbished by a golf shop and the yellow 16 gauge wire from the key switch was attached to solenoid large stub that also where the main positive wire coming the battery bank. That's why I am seeing 48v at key switch which matches the manufacture wiring diagram. Like in the post, not sure where the other 12v positive and 12v negative wires are located.

At this point, I rather spend the labor cost and take it a shop after reading the second comment about wiring incorrect and killing my controller

thanks everyone
ctigger43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO