lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2023, 08:22 PM   #1
sontag1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default DIY Utility Bed from Horse Trough

I wanted to get a utility bed for my cart but I could not abide with the price of a bed kit so I started looking for something I could turn into a utility bed. I was over at Pop’s place the other day and noticed an old horse water trough in his junk pile. It was busted up but still in pretty good shape so I threw it in the back of the subie and brought it home.

For a couple of weeks, I would stare at it every once in a while trying to figure out how I was going to transform it into my utility bed. I finally had my vision the day before yesterday. I grabbed a sharpie, a tape measure, and my jigsaw and went to work. This project is more like an art project than science. It did not cost me anything but time and some other junk I had laying around.

The bed is about 2’x2’ and 10” deep. Plenty of room to haul the trash to the trash cans. The coolest piece of junk I used in this project is the 1/2” angle iron which makes up the rear support. It was the edge of a crib base that both of my girls slept in. I cut into 3 equal lengths and it literally was a perfect fit to some existing bolts on the cart.

The cut out from the tub is thick and super tough. I can still fit two 2.5gal buckets with lids under the bed for dry storage. All that is left is to take it apart and paint the metal black then do the final assembly.
sontag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2023, 09:39 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: DIY Utility Bed from Horse Trough

Can’t say I don’t like it. And can’t say I haven’t done similar things lol
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 10:02 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Awe stop horsing around!!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 11:17 PM   #4
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Can't say it's not a unique design.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO