lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2023, 05:11 PM   #31
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Altrax 500 programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
He's using a serial to USB adapter and a very old controller.. it needs to be powered up first.
I'm fairly confident the radio Shack cables the issues
My Radio Shack cable doesn't have a driver to work. I downloaded the Cables to Go and Sabrent drivers from Alltrax but they don't work with Prolific.

I need to order a new 26886 cable.

Thanks to your suggestion and making me go to Alltrax website to research, I may get this done after all.
Lakebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2023, 07:30 PM   #32
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakebit View Post
My Radio Shack cable doesn't have a driver to work. I downloaded the Cables to Go and Sabrent drivers from Alltrax but they don't work with Prolific.

I need to order a new 26886 cable.

Thanks to your suggestion and making me go to Alltrax website to research, I may get this done after all.
I know for a fact that prolific usb to seial adapters requires a driver. I spend 2 hours getting it to work on my windows 10 laptop a few years back while on the road at a customers site. I then fought with that adapter over and over for months each time I needed to use it.

Ive never seen a usb to serial adapter that doesnt require a driver. Typically its already included in the windows database and the driver install automatically but the oleder prolific devices dont work with the newer prolific drivers.. I had to keep tricking the laptop into allowing me to replace the newer broken driver with the older unsupported one that worked.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-349c9ce87fcf

I do agree that purchasing a newer usb to serial adapter is going to be much easier to get you going. Either that or look for an old xp or even windows 98 laptop or any pc with a serial port.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 08:02 AM   #33
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
He's using a serial to USB adapter and a very old controller.. it needs to be powered up first.
I'm fairly confident the radio Shack cables the issues
Yeah....my old (expired now) Alltrax controller had the same setup.

In order for my laptop to "see" it, I had to power up the controller. I put my reversing contactors in "N", then using a 2x4 I jammed the go peddle so power would be suppled to the controller.

That's the only way I could get the software to see the unit.

And I keep an old Dell laptop (that thing weighs a ton!!) in my garage in case I want to look at or change my controller settings.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 11:15 AM   #34
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I know for a fact that prolific usb to seial adapters requires a driver. I spend 2 hours getting it to work on my windows 10 laptop a few years back while on the road at a customers site. I then fought with that adapter over and over for months each time I needed to use it.

Ive never seen a usb to serial adapter that doesnt require a driver. Typically its already included in the windows database and the driver install automatically but the oleder prolific devices dont work with the newer prolific drivers.. I had to keep tricking the laptop into allowing me to replace the newer broken driver with the older unsupported one that worked.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-349c9ce87fcf

I do agree that purchasing a newer usb to serial adapter is going to be much easier to get you going. Either that or look for an old xp or even windows 98 laptop or any pc with a serial port.
Ordered a new RS232 to USB cable and the Window 11 drivers on my laptop found the cable, program booted up and I am able to adjust my Alltrax settings.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Now I need to figure out the throttle response to smooth out my pedal response.
Lakebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 11:35 AM   #35
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

There are some better explanations on the alltrax software support site that explain the throttle curve.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 12:28 PM   #36
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The throttle curve allows you to smooth the throttle response. Make sure that you don't get to 100% until the pedal is all the way to full throttle position. You can log your runs to see the throttle position vs how the cart runs. The Alltrax software is very useful to get your cart running the way you like. (I do not like turf mode! I recommend Street mode)
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 11:00 AM   #37
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

I like my throttle to max at 100% at about 90% of the pedal travel. Bumps and whatnot can lift your foot and I've never liked that changing how much input I'm giving. Adjust to what you like, but don't be slavish to it. I spent WAY more time on my throttle curve than anything else to get my controller the way I wanted it. It matters every time you drive the thing. Where I dealt with "fidgety" was dialing in when I was fully off the throttle and then reengaged it. I ended up turning my throttle response way down to eliminate jerkiness in that scenario, and I've never been sad about it.
Jmuoio81213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car