lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2023, 06:55 AM   #1
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1 1/4" driven clutches on a Club Car

Are there any available for a '97 Club Car DS? I know I saw them a few years ago. Maybe not enough demand so they quit making them? I have a new drive clutch that requires that size belt. I have a couple spare EZGO drive clutches but they're splined.
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2023, 07:01 AM   #2
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1 1/4" driven clutches on a Club Car

I was wondering if the stock clutch could be widened. Just found this thread. Interesting idea.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=170321
Old 01-06-2023, 07:53 AM   #3
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I keep clicking Submit then thinking of something I want to add.

This is the cart I'm doing. I have new upholstery and a gallon of John Deere yellow for it. The wheels and tires clear with no lift, which was what I was going for. I tested that by having my wife tow me around with my EZGO while I swerved back and forth and ran over bumps and so on. She's kind of a Nervous Nellie so of course I had her tow me longer than necessary so I could watch her reactions

The engine is likely gonna be a new 420cc clone I have that's still in the box. I have a 390 cc clone I could use too. Also another 390cc clone that needs some lifter work. And I have a new in the box 89cc clone I could use. Top speed would likely be about 2 mph and require several minutes to get going that fast. It's actually for an ancient mini-bike I've had since I was about 10 years old (I'm 68 now).

Plus I have a 12 HP (K301) Kohler, a 14 HP Kohler (K321) and a 10 HP Kohler (K241) I could use. All three are excellent engines. The 12 HP starts and runs super sweet. It will idle down to barely running and still purr like kitten. It would be a good choice for shifting the transaxle. I don't know if the idle RPM will an issue with the Club Car but it is with 3 of the 4 EZGO transaxles I have.

The Club Car will be a custom install. I have two identical spare belts that are as good as new. The engine placement will be determined by the belt length, same as my '90 EZGO. I did the same type of one-off install with it. I put a '94 transaxle in it then eyeballed the side to side and front to back placement of the engine on a flat piece of 1/2" thick aluminum. Been running it for over 10 years with zero issues.
Old 01-09-2023, 04:47 AM   #4
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No responses at all was making me feel like a skunk at a picnic till I checked the posting stats. Not a lot of activity in here. Found the info I needed though.
Old 01-09-2023, 05:49 AM   #5
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

You had quite a few views, so i guess nobody had the answer you were looking for. the Christmas/new year period is usually fairly slow on here anyway.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 08:40 AM   #6
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah you're right. Same with my usual forums. I'm also into vintage JD garden tractors and various other things mechanical. Did I post in the wrong area too? Maybe the Big blocks/clone section would have been better. I'm an experienced forum user but I still guess wrong on where to put things sometimes.
Old 01-18-2023, 07:38 AM   #7
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I tracked down a 1 3/16" driven clutch for a Club Car which is pretty much the same price as what I paid for the new drive clutch. Gonna try a 1 1/8" belt I happen to have first before forking over about $350 (CDN currency) though. I think the belt is sitting down in the driven clutch far enough to not jump off but the 1" driven clutch isn't gonna open far enough for the best top speed. The 1 1/8" belt should work with the drive clutch but it won't grab at the lower RPM a 1 3/16" belt would. I bolted the engine down yesterday for a test session 'just to see'. I'm not expecting it to work very well but I've been wrong before.
Old 01-21-2023, 04:16 PM   #8
Ricks_club
Gone Wild

From your last post:
The 1 1/8" belt should work with the drive clutch but it won't grab at the lower RPM a 1 3/16" belt would

Can the drive clutch be adjusted to match the width of the belt ?

I can't speak for other's here, but when I read this post topic, I understood that you were talking about the shaft size. Very confusing.

Richard
Ricks_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 03:38 AM   #9
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Wink Re: 1 1/4" driven clutches on a Club Car

I have one spare belt that's 1 1/4" and I mistakenly entered that as the clutch width but it should have been 1 3/16". Nothing about shafts in the topic though, plus it only cost you one mouse click to see what the thread was about.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car