lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2023, 01:46 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: What type of Programmer is used for "The Drive" 48Volt with a Moric Motor Control

Yamaha uses an infrared handheld to connect and program the controller. It takes a special one to put in the PTV code to get you to 19mph plus you have to buy the factory light kit before they will do it.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2023, 11:07 PM   #12
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What type of Programmer is used for "The Drive" 48Volt with a Moric Motor Control

My Yamaha dealer did it for me a couple times with an aftermarket light kit. I will certainly not be doing that anymore though. Alltrax is the way to go for those.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 07:03 PM   #13
WLS4runner2110
Not Yet Wild

I too have the Moric stock controller. It currently just went out on me and now looking to replace with an Alltrax. Newbie and curious which Alltrax Controller to go with??
WLS4runner2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 08:27 PM   #14
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Get the Alltrax made for the G29! I have them in both of mine. Great controller and you can program it yourself with a laptop. I would go with the 500 amp because it has a cooling fan.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 08:32 PM   #15
WLS4runner2110
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Volt! Anywhere you would recommend ordering from or just straight off the Alltrax site? I'm located in Georgia.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:57 PM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I got my last one from Amazon. Site sponsors have them too. They may be able to do the initial programming for you. You need the correct throttle type and very important is the "Field Map" for your motor. Make sure you get the version for Yamaha G29 so it has the "plug and play" connector that your Moric has. Install is a piece of cake. Only thing to be careful of is when you plug in that big connector, it's possible to bend a pin if you don't get it going in very well registered. Ask me how I know. :-(
Old 02-13-2024, 09:15 PM   #17
WLS4runner2110
Not Yet Wild

I just saw one on Amazon but didn't know if that would be the best place to order one. I have a D&D Motor (Model #170-502-0001). I am a serious newbie when it comes to all of this. Hopefully this isn't a totally stupid question but what do you mean by the correct throttle type and "Field Map" of my motor?? Just don't want to order one and it be totally wrong LOL.
Old 02-13-2024, 09:20 PM   #18
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Throttle type and Field map are things that you program into the Alltrax for your cart and motor. If you get the controller for the Yamaha G29, it should come with the right throttle type but you may have to load the field map unless you buy it from someone that will load it for you. (not Amazon) You an source the field map from Alltrax for your motor. Their tech support is great! You need a laptop with the Alltrax software on it to set things up and install a different field map. The software is very useful in setting up and diagnosing any issues. (I have D&D motors in both of my G29's) I forget the models and they are not both the same because one cart has high speed gears (9:1) and the other has the standard 12.5:1 gears.
Old 02-14-2024, 05:15 AM   #19
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'd recommend site sponsor Carts Unlimited, either 400a or 500a ( 500a is a little overkill in my opinion ) incl. new solenoid and ready programmed + best service!

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 08:27 AM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Revolution is also a good source and in Georgia..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
change speed, controller, jw2-h6510-00, moric, program
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha