lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2023, 08:29 PM   #1
JohnnyJohnson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default SGC lift on 1984 EZGO Gas Marathon front axil is different?

I have left a message for SGC but hoping someone has more information for me so when I talk to them they don't give me a line of BS!

It is a SGC drop axel 4" lift kit for EZGO marathon, the years seem to be in question

The ad on the website for the lift kit said for 1975 to 1993, the instructions say 1980 to 1994. On the SGC website now it says 1989 to 1993 for what looks to be the same lift kit, the PDF link of the instructions are the same as what came in the kit I got ( 1980 to 1994 ), clearly they have had an issue.

Did the front axil change at some point or is something different about my cart.

The difference is the axil on the cart ( 1984 ) the vertical shaft that holds the hub is welded to the axil. the Kit shows that it is a bolt that holds the hub to the axil. It also seems like the new axil is a bit wader.

Anyone know if I can make this kit work? I found that a 7/8" bolt with a couple washers will hold the hub to the new axil, the tie rod and steering seem to be to short, not sure if they have enough adjustment.

Thinking that maybe the cheap block lift might be a better option at this point and keep the original axil.

This cart was reconditioned by EZGO, it is an 1984 but has the plastic cowl on the front. not sure what else they changed???

Thanks for any info you might be able to give me.
JohnnyJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2023, 11:39 AM   #2
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: SGC lift on 1984 EZGO Gas Marathon front axil is different?

Not sure what you're facing with that lift kit, sounds very confusing......

But tell me more about this 'reconditioned' cart by Ezgo, as far as I've seen the front cowl didn't come out till like 87-88. It wasn't a simple add-on piece either, the front body was different (snub nose) so as to fit.
Dabble Inn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 02:15 PM   #3
JohnnyJohnson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

From what I have been told and researched, EZGO took carts back from golf courses and repainted them, over hauled the engine and changed the front cowl. My guess as to why change the front would be so the older carts looked like the new ones but they could sell them for less. This cart is light blue under the seat but has a very good red paint job on the outside. The engine part I figured out because when I went to rebuild the engine it already had a .25 over piston in it.
Old 01-03-2023, 02:16 PM   #4
JohnnyJohnson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I found a post on a Facebook site that someone else had the same issue, with a couple 7/8" bolts washers and adjustments to the tie rods it sounds like it can be done well I hope so anyway!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO