lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2023, 05:12 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Renogy 500 O n The Blink....Literally

Worst case, Could probably use an Arduino or something with a scheduled “wake up” and send a few hundred mA through a resistor for 30 seconds or something every 7 hours just to keep the battery from going to sleep and shutting itself off.

I’d also be asking them how to disable this “feature”. Because I agree it’s BS and unnecessary. If I want my battery shut off I’ll do it myself. Maybe explain that you’ve got a battery monitor and then shutting their stuff off automatically is creating problems with your monitoring system.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2023, 05:13 PM   #12
Ronno6
Gone Wild

I'm gonna put a shout out to Big Battery and inquire if they recommend turning off the HSKY 48.
They will probably chide me for not reading the manual.......
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 06:15 PM   #13
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Maybe explain that you’ve got a battery monitor and then shutting their stuff off automatically is creating problems with your monitoring system.
You could also add to that that you’ve got a car radio installed that looses all its presets and settings when the battery shuts down…….or some other BS like that.

Ronno, they will probably say that if your cart doesn’t draw too much standby power then it’s ok. I’ve got a ‘14 Precedent that is not often used. If leave in run it will flatten the battery over an extended period (couple of months), but I place it in tow, and it will stay many many months like that with the battery connected, powering the cart, Renogy meter, car stereo backup and any phantom power the 48v-12v reducer and 48v 3000w power inverter draws.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 01:01 PM   #14
Ronno6
Gone Wild

I called BB this AM.
Surprise #1.....I actually got a PERSON in the Tech dept on the phone.
I inquired as to switching the batt off or leaving it on at the end of the day...

Surprise #2...They actually RECOMMEND leaving it ON !!

I guess ya never know til you ask........
Old 01-03-2023, 01:08 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronno6 View Post
I called BB this AM.
I inquired as to switching the batt off or leaving it on at the end of the day...

But did they answer about the battery turning itself off after 8 hours and how or if that “feature” could be disabled?
Old 01-03-2023, 01:19 PM   #16
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
But did they answer about the battery turning itself off after 8 hours and how or if that “feature” could be disabled?
Well, I did nor pose that question.
That is a RoyPow issue, not a Big Battery issue.....
Old 01-03-2023, 04:58 PM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
I called BB this AM.

Quote:
Well, I did nor pose that question.
That is a RoyPow issue, not a Big Battery issue.....

Gotcha. Threw me off there forgot who originally even had the concern
Old 01-18-2023, 10:34 AM   #18
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
I switch the battery off at the end of the day...every time.
The Renogy had always come up with correct information...every time til this morn..
I have the same issue on occasion (maybe 1 out of 25-30 times).
I turn my battery off every time I park the cart for more than a few hours. Meter comes back normally even after a week + of battery being off except for the rare exceptions discussed here.
FWIW, I have a Renogy and a clone, both with different FW revisions - both will do this on the rare occasion.
One thing I noticed is that occasionally - also similarly rare - the meter will continue to blink "charging" even after I stop the charger and disconnect it.

I had assumed that turning the battery OFF if the meter was still mistakenly blinking "charging" caused the meter to come back with 0% reading, and it might, but I always briefly flip the keyswitch to "on" (which causes a tiny load) if the charging is done and the meter still blinks, and this stops the blinking display, then turn the battery off once the meter is behaving normally. But the meter still comes back at 0% every so often as mentioned.
Not really an issue for me - I just charge to completion and reset to 100% on those rare occasions.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car