lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2022, 04:02 PM   #1
fchafey
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2018 EZ GO TXT Valor Gas starting issue.....maybe

I play a ton of golf and lately when I hop on and hit the gas pedal, it doesn't immediately start....sometimes. In my mind, maybe I am expecting too much too fast, but if I hold the pedal full down, it will start after I get to a thousand three. Feathering also finds a sweet spot and it will start, again...sometimes. The cart may work absolutely fine for a few holes. All the reading I do points to the stop switch. Tomorrow I will get underneath and apply some pressurized air to the area in an attempt to alleviate possible debris that has accumulated in that area. I have only found one video online and that is for a 2014 RXV. My assumption is the two carts are close. In the five years I have owned this cart, bought new, it has worked wonderfully, except for the hub issue, but that's peculiar to EZGO and since replacement and torque checking, no issues. I wonder if someone out there has had this or maybe my tin foil hat needs adjusting......thanks.
fchafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2022, 04:24 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2018 EZ GO TXT Valor Gas starting issue.....maybe

Problem could be the engine stop solenoid.. It shorts the ignition circuit when you take your foot off the pedal. If you can take an extra spark plug with you and next time it happens put it in neutral and pull the spark plug boot, put the extra plug in the boot and lay it on the block then push the pedal to look for spark. If none replace the solenoid.. Part number 603282
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 06:06 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Is it hesitating before turning over, or spinning, but not starting?

If it's hesitating, I would clean both battery cables, and do a load test on the battery.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 09:06 AM   #4
fchafey
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
Is it hesitating before turning over, or spinning, but not starting?

If it's hesitating, I would clean both battery cables, and do a load test on the battery.
Sometimes it runs fine for a good bit. Battery terminals spotless. Battery is almost 5 years old but is still strong. I was a helicopter mechanic in the Army for 20 years then 5 years as a contractor. Super OCD, wound tight and uber meticulous maintaining everything. Thank you though....
Old 12-20-2022, 09:08 AM   #5
fchafey
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Problem could be the engine stop solenoid.. It shorts the ignition circuit when you take your foot off the pedal. If you can take an extra spark plug with you and next time it happens put it in neutral and pull the spark plug boot, put the extra plug in the boot and lay it on the block then push the pedal to look for spark. If none replace the solenoid.. Part number 603282
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. Am headed to the golf course in a bit to mess with my cart.
Old 12-22-2022, 08:08 AM   #6
fchafey
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Went out removed the cover, after removing the air hose. The area was full of dirt, grass etc. Cleaned it out real well. Got a good spark, couldn't duplicate the issue. I also didn't have time to play golf so it was just putting around in the cart to try and replicate the issue. I ordered a relay anyway, 45 dollars shipped. Probably be easier to replace by removing the battery as well. I don't expect things to last forever. It's all good. One interesting thing is that I am working out of a cart parts manual dated 2010. I have the Kawasaki engine and different clutches, so I know my belt is different and there is no pedal switch.
Old 12-22-2022, 10:35 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Should have the team clutches with the Kawasaki and being a 2018. Ezgo tends to make it a challenge sometimes to find part numbers but it’s possible.. I found the part number I gave you here.. https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-ca...HAULER_1200X/y
Old 12-27-2022, 08:05 AM   #8
fchafey
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Relay replaced. Removing the battery made it super easy. Much better now. The battery will be 5 years old in March, will replace that when I do the spring tune up. I am curious what the unconnected extra lead is for under the battery cover. I assume it is an accessory power outlet of some sort. Thank you again for the help. Greatly appreciated.
Old 12-29-2022, 04:02 PM   #9
fchafey
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Replaced the battery well just because. It will be 5 years old in March. I flipped the cart on its side a couple of years ago and we were stuck on our side for a few minutes until help arrived. Got a Duracell for 81 bucks with tax. Had to reroute a couple of cables/wires for cleanliness sake and used a cedar shim as the battery is a bit smaller than the original. We played 27 holes today and it ran like a champ the whole time. Life is good.
Old 12-29-2022, 04:07 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Cart probably had a 26R in it from the factory. A 24 series will fit with a few mods. My workhorse had a 31 series for years. Had a bunch of lights and could never kill that one.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO