lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2022, 03:20 PM   #1
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Extreme Team belly up...

Appears ET has gone the way of the dodo bird.... Or maybe I'm the dodo for buying their crappy battery....
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2022, 03:39 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Extreme Team belly up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
Appears ET has gone the way of the dodo bird.... Or maybe I'm the dodo for buying their crappy battery....
Really? Ouch. I hate to hear that for you.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 03:42 PM   #3
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well that’s unfortunate for anyone that has purchased any of their products. You weren’t to know when you purchased so don’t beat yourself up over it.

Are you having problems with your “crappy” battery Beerdude, or is it working well for you. If it’s working, chances are it will continue to work. If something fails then it will most likely be the BMS, an easy and relatively cheap fix, so all is not lost.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 10:36 PM   #4
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Well that’s unfortunate for anyone that has purchased any of their products. You weren’t to know when you purchased so don’t beat yourself up over it.

Are you having problems with your “crappy” battery Beerdude, or is it working well for you. If it’s working, chances are it will continue to work. If something fails then it will most likely be the BMS, an easy and relatively cheap fix, so all is not lost.

Cheers
Pat.
I had issues with the BMS shutting the pack down in the upper 50's fahrenheit last Fall right after getting it. After a lot of hassling I finally got them to send me a new BMS and got it installed last Summer (even though the battery ran good once temps were reliably above 63*F. At their suggestion I had bought a battery heater wrap and would warm the battery up in temps that were starting in the 50's. It would work fine in the very short runs I made using that technique. Over the Summer I replaced the BMS they provided that was supposed to end the temp issues. Well, once Fall came I started having the same issues in temps around upper 50's. I began using the battery heater again and had no issues for a few short runs but I still couldn't use the cart as much as I wanted since i feared it shutting off and stranding the family.
Old 12-17-2022, 03:25 AM   #5
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Oh yes, I remember your issues. Are you sure it’s the BMS and not a faulty cell that’s dipping below it’s threshold when it’s cold and under load? Although upper 55’s isn’t that cold.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 08:03 AM   #6
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

That's is a question I would answered. Unfortunately every time the pack shut down, it also shut off the BMS to know what caused the shut down. I could never get a data log or anything to tell what exacting was occuring. I've talked with someone else who had the same problems and he says the cells are not performing at their posted ratings which leads me to believe the issue is the drop in voltage. From my very basic understanding of these batteries, the cooler it gets the bigger the voltage drop, correct?
Old 12-17-2022, 09:36 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Battery performance (internal resistance and cell voltage) drops in colder weather so you do get reduced overall performance and the BMS is more likely to trip on over current. My advice to anyone that lives in a colder climate is to add additional margin to your battery system (bigger more capable battery). Electric cars have the same issues - much reduced range in winter. Most of them have very good systems to keep the battery temperatures within reason - cooling in hot weather, heating in cold weather. What I have read about my ModelY Tesla is that you lose 15% range at temps between 30 and 40 degF vs 70 degF. I'm sure it's worse for temps lower than that but I live in Arizona. :-)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 10:15 AM   #8
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Battery performance (internal resistance and cell voltage) drops in colder weather so you do get reduced overall performance and the BMS is more likely to trip on over current. My advice to anyone that lives in a colder climate is to add additional margin to your battery system (bigger more capable battery). Electric cars have the same issues - much reduced range in winter. Most of them have very good systems to keep the battery temperatures within reason - cooling in hot weather, heating in cold weather. What I have read about my ModelY Tesla is that you lose 15% range at temps between 30 and 40 degF vs 70 degF. I'm sure it's worse for temps lower than that but I live in Arizona. :-)
Well the pack is/was 72v150ah and completely filled the battery bay under the seat so not sure I could go up any more capacity lol. At this point I think it is the cells. Either they are not performing to spec or something else is wrong with them. This was occuring in temps in the upper 50's so I can't imagine that temp making them perform that way but who knows. My Eco pack I have in now at 70.4v and the Navitas settings set much higher has had no issues this week running in the 40's
Old 12-17-2022, 01:09 PM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Still could be the BMS.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 01:30 PM   #10
cart12
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
https://www.extremeteamcarts.com/

December 16, 2022

Unfortunately, due to today’s economy & the state of the supply chain, we have closed our doors.

Battery information is still available here on the website.

Current customers who have issues with your battery, please email us at extremeteamcarts2020@gmail.com

We thank all of our customers for your business, we appreciate you! God Bless.

Extreme Team Carts & Accessories
cart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car