lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2022, 04:00 PM   #11
bmmonahan
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Eco battery / RXV works well

RoyPow S51105P installed with better shunt location and stacked bus bar. Under seat area is crowded.

98F527B0-E19D-447C-B9F5-1D05D2A04C07.jpg

F2E41B15-6F89-4E63-932E-6C60DBB0FFDE.jpg

32F47C25-DDCD-43F4-B9BF-668D78B6A281.jpg
bmmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2023, 07:47 PM   #12
bmmonahan
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Second issue with Ecobattery - turned cart on and it would not “start” put it in reverse and backup beeper never engages.

Power cycled battery and now it works correctly.
Old 01-09-2023, 05:18 PM   #13
Mccoy38
Not Yet Wild

Did you ever do ECO on a Curtis controller RXV? I am curious how these work with brake regen. I can see 29 MPH on my cart when I need it and this BMS shut down I have read about is quite concerning/scary. I want to get away from lead acid b/c we use it so much.
Mccoy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 02:53 PM   #14
bmmonahan
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccoy38 View Post
Did you ever do ECO on a Curtis controller RXV? I am curious how these work with brake regen. I can see 29 MPH on my cart when I need it and this BMS shut down I have read about is quite concerning/scary. I want to get away from lead acid b/c we use it so much.
Yes, I have installed two ECO batteries with Curtis controllers. Both controllers have been “modified” and both carts run about 32 mph with 20.8” tires.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:30 PM   #15
Adjake
Not Yet Wild

We are in process of switching to eco from roypow at the shop I work for. So far the eco has been reliable. Support from Eco is 1000000% better. No issues with Curtis and eco. We do have one issue that eco is working with me on. It is related to an overcurrent error on regen braking. I am not sure its related to the eco battery at all because we have installed at least a dozen of them without issue. They are sending me out a diagnostics module to read the datalog stored on the BMS.
Adjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 08:34 AM   #16
bmmonahan
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Had an issue with the Ecobattery yesterday. Buddy took cart out for nine holes of golf.

Ecobattery was fully charged. Drove to course 2 miles away, played nine holes. On the way home the meter showed 5% and was red. He brought it home and plugged it in to charge.

Not sure what is causing this, it should have only dropped about 10 - 15%.
Old 01-30-2023, 11:50 AM   #17
bmmonahan
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Talked to Eco battery, known issue. They are sending a tablet to update firmware.
Old 01-30-2023, 12:00 PM   #18
trstanley
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just bought the 105ah Ecobattery for my 2016 RXV last Thursday. How do I update that as things are corrected?
trstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:27 PM   #19
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by trstanley View Post
I just bought the 105ah Ecobattery for my 2016 RXV last Thursday. How do I update that as things are corrected?
Please explain what you are asking! Your question makes no sense. I installed ECO in a friend's RXV last weekend. No issues but running the wires from the battery to the meter in the dash was most of the work. You have to disassemble the dash and take up the mat to get the wires run and the meter installed.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 02:09 PM   #20
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Please explain what you are asking! Your question makes no sense. I installed ECO in a friend's RXV last weekend. No issues but running the wires from the battery to the meter in the dash was most of the work. You have to disassemble the dash and take up the mat to get the wires run and the meter installed.
I think he's asking how to go about the process to get and install the firmware update/fix
augiedoggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO