lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2022, 10:47 PM   #21
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 Speed Low Top Speed

Yep, time for new clutches.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2022, 05:17 PM   #22
Chris_feldk
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Alright guys. I ordered the on from amazon because it was cheaper and it had one day shipping. After i got it i put it in in like a hour and WOW! I am beyond blown away. i believe it went 22 and only reving at 4200 rpm it was so much quieter. the old clutch also happened to be broken one of the arms snapped off inside it. i’m so glad i replaced it! Thank you too all that helped me fix this issue!
Chris_feldk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 05:33 PM   #23
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

McDonald’s it is then

Just kidding. Glad you got it sorted out
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 09:32 PM   #24
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Nicely done. Hopefully the Amazon clutch will hold up ok, never sure about those.
Old 10-13-2022, 06:29 AM   #25
Chris_feldk
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

the cart goes 17 mph right now. i’ll update if it has problems. I might try to modify the governor to see if i can get 20 mph.
Old 10-13-2022, 02:44 PM   #26
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Just curious, which amazon model did you go with? Maybe you can give us updates on how well it holds up for you.
tennbamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 08:05 PM   #27
Chris_feldk
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

i just looked up "golf cart king clutch" on amazon it was 180$ it seems good. ive been driving it all week since i put it in and is so far great. I will be sure to update if there is any occurring problems though. (LINK)https://www.amazon.com/Golf-Cart-Kin...2-63e904010ad0
Old 10-15-2022, 09:11 AM   #28
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Ah the old "Comet 94c copy", it's a puck type clutch. They work well, that style has been used in sleds for years. Not as good as a roller clutch, but the price looks good. You can tune that clutch to tweak engagement and shift profile by changing puck weights, puck configuration, and spring tension. For a G1 you'll want about a 1800 rpm engagement point and 3200 full shift out. It's probably already set up very close.
Old 10-15-2022, 04:49 PM   #29
Chris_feldk
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

it was actually a one to one replica of the old one that was on there. it seems to be ok i think it engages at 1000 rpm ish and at 4300 rpm goes 17 mph does that seem right? or should i tune it?
Old 10-17-2022, 10:35 PM   #30
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Do you have a tachometer on that cart? If not, I'd get one so you know for sure what rpm you're at during engagement. 1000 rpm seems super low. You want to be in the 1500-1800 rpm range. The G1 engine is actually tuned for more low end power like a 4 stroke and power comes in fairly low for a 2 stroke, at least in stock form. So you'd want those clutches fully shifting at the 3600 rpm mark or so. Top speed will depend on tire size and rpm mostly for that cart, so yes 17 mph sounds just a hair better than stock, usually 12-15 mph. Most G1's with some tweaking can run 25-30 mph on the top end maxed out.

Tags
speed governor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha