lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2022, 07:54 AM   #1
inairam
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default heavy duty suspension part numbers summit suv-l?

I have two Columbia summits suv-l. One has a full Cab with doors. That unit has a different rear suspension with heavier shocks and the optional bigger motor. both have 20 x 10 x 10 wheels and turf tires.

When I go to the parts manual I only find the standard shocks which are the same as the front shocks.

1) what is the part number for the heavier rear shocks?
2) Is there a heavier shock for the front? COil over maybe? I use them on fields not roads and can use a little more in the way of a suspension front and rear.
inairam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2022, 09:37 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: heavy duty suspension part numbers summit suv-l?

The shocks (CVG709006) all around are all the same, never a coil over version, but then they don't do much of the real heavy lifting anyway. (Not to say the originals wouldn't be worn out by now though.) The springs however had different versions....

Front: The standard front was a 4 leaf spring (CVG709609). There was also a heavy duty 5 leaf spring version (CVG468063) which gave more lift for the weight and clearance, and of course a bit stiffer ride.

Rear: The standard version coil spring was the CVG709031 for the regular golf cart style vehicle. With the heavier units that went to the heavier coil spring CVG709380. They also had the option of adding an inner coil spring (CVG709190) to either one of those.

Hope that helps!
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 09:13 AM   #3
inairam
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

both have been changed to the 5-leaf spring. My issue is in the front.
Old 11-03-2022, 06:06 AM   #4
inairam
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

my red cart with a full cab and doors I decided to try these shocks Monroe Shocks & Struts 58575 Shock Absorber and Coil Spring Assembly,

The spring has to be compressed a little to install but it does fit and it is a great help. It lifts the front about 1 inch and I have the clearance I need for the turf tires I am running. The ride is also better over the ground I cover.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shock.jpg (80.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-28-2022, 09:30 AM   #5
inairam
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

the Monroe shocks are too big in diameter to fit in using the standard rear shock mounts. They hit the springs. I am going to weld new mounts to give the clearance.

I did add the option of an inner coil spring (CVG709190) as Tech Support mentioned and that has helped.

The ride is stiffer. I use the Suv-l in fields like a pickup truck and the stiffer suspension has been a big help up front.

This may not be for everyone especially if you use them mostly on pavement.
Old 12-22-2022, 03:06 PM   #6
inairam
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

It is hard to see but the sprign has the columbia inner coil doe really like the shocks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar