lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Other Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2022, 03:26 PM   #1
ezgo11
Not Yet Wild

Default Big Battery Badger Questions

I had my 8v batteries go flat over the winter, so I decided to upgrade to Lithium. I ordered 1 Big Battery Badger and a charger. Issue I have is that they sent me a 58.4 V power supply/which is not a charger in my mind(no auto charge shut off) Battery has a max charge voltage of 51V according to the spec sheet . Power supply does have a Voltage adjust Pot, but I have to disassemble the power supply to access. And the connector on the charger is larger than the battery.
ezgo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2022, 05:26 PM   #2
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Big Battery Badger Questions

The Badger has a maximum charge voltage of 50.4v, not 51v. It is also NMC chemistry that doesn’t like to be abused at all. If you’re not confident enough in lowering the voltage of the charger and changing the plug, get your supplier to exchange the charger for the correct one.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 07:56 PM   #3
ezgo11
Not Yet Wild

10-4 changing the plug and adjusting the output isn't a big deal, but Its more about them sending something not compatible with the battery without modification.
ezgo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 06:08 AM   #4
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

That 50.4v NMC battery from Big Battery is a disaster waiting to happen because of its non standard voltage. It caused a lithium fire and totally destroyed the cart and a lot of the shed it was housed in recently because a 58.4v charger was used to charge it, see below

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...t=Lithium+fire

It is extremely poor service from the supplier having sent you the wrong charger. The battery’s BMS should have protected it but in that case it didn’t.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Other Lithium