lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2021, 08:26 AM   #1
Nedwardg
Not Yet Wild

Default How to Increase Moke speed to 30mph

Looking for simple solution to increase Moke speed to 28-30 without frying anything…. Saw bronsonj post that all he did was increase RPM max to no more than 6250. How would I do that? Thanks very much.
Nedwardg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2021, 04:08 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to Increase Moke speed to 30mph

You have to find the software and cable to connect to your controller. On the Moke the controller is under the charger. Be careful as the big orange cables are the high voltage cables. Touching the outside of them is fine but don't cut the insulation or touch the terminals. Once you know the controller just start doing internet searches to dig up more info and try to find the software for it. That's what I did. Spent hours online looking for info.

The cable is a little USB adapter that connects the controller to your laptop. I purchased the software and USB cable from a guy in China. I'd guess there's more than one outfit that'll sell it or something like it. The one I bought from appears to be no longer active.

Another way you can increase speed is to increase tire diameter. Be careful with this as too much tire can cause too much strain on the controller. But a little should be OK. You can use the golf cart speed calculator. The diff seems to be close to 12:1 on the Moke I was working on. You can plug in different tire Outside Diameters to see what it'd do to your speed. Doubt you'll get 30 by changing tires, but you may see 28mph.

BTW, the Moke I changed the max RPM to 6,250 on is still running fine with no issues. Just don't touch the other settings and it should be good. First thing I did when going in was take a picture of all the settings so if I accidentally upset the applecart I could easily reset it.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 07:56 PM   #3
FriendsoftheProgram
Not Yet Wild

I just increased the speed on my Moke and it now goes 35+. I have already put over 100 miles on it with ZERO issues.
FriendsoftheProgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 02:49 PM   #4
gregb143
Not Yet Wild

I purchased the adapter to plug into the controller on my Moke. I have the empower mc3336. I have removed the charger that sits on top of the controller but cannot find a place to plug into the controller. Can anyone help?
gregb143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 04:10 PM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So to program the controller requires a USB connection. That connection is on the side of the controller behind a rubber environmental cover. It's the same color as the housing so it's hard to see and nearly impossible to find if you don't know it's there and the controller is still bolted in place.

Now that you know it's there you should also know that the way I get to it is I have a long narrow flat head screw driver that the end I heated and bent 90 degrees, so I can pick it out. The USB plug I have is also a 90 degree plug so it can get in.

Getting the plug in may or may not be possible with the controller still bolted in place.

Also getting the environmental cover may or may not be possible with the controller still bolted in place.
Old 12-17-2022, 01:20 PM   #6
LithiumMoto
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

any links to the adaptor / software ?
LithiumMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 12:02 PM   #7
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The only place to get the adapter/software is to first figure out which controller you have then contact the guy in China who made it. Search aliexpress or alibaba for what you're looking for. It takes a few attempts. for the 90 degree USB cable search on Amazon. There are a couple versions, I bought a 2 pack because it has to turn up instead of down but you don't know which way the USB port is mounted till you start trying. Get the two pack and throw away the one that doesn't work.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:32 PM   #8
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis@okmotorsports.com View Post

Spam post
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:40 AM   #9
Moke
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
Spam post

Maybe but that's actually the only place for it. Same as the AliExpress listing and discussed in the duplicate thread.
Moke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 02:57 PM   #10
gregb143
Not Yet Wild

I did the upgrade to the rpm’s. The problem is when the battery gets to about 50% it goes into what I think is power saving mode and the Moke won’t go over 15 MPH. Does anyone know why this might happen and what I can do to fix it?
gregb143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!