lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO > Ezgo Gas Tech
Ezgo Gas Tech Resource info, wiring diagrams and how to's for Gas powered EZGO golf carts

Old 08-03-2007, 04:51 AM   #11
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Shorter Belts

I can get you a 22337-g1 drive belt 1-3/16" wide x 41" for $20
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #12
Blaze
Not Yet Wild

Wow, really added some getty up to the cart! thanks for the info!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:52 AM   #13
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

What size shorter belt would an 02 ST 350 need to get a little more torque? I'm pretty sure the belt is the same as a stock Ezgo cart.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #14
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Somebody hurry up so I can give tungpo1 my order.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:41 AM   #15
TVH
Getting Wild

The # for the Napa belt is not complete. Is there a prefix bfore the #?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:52 AM   #16
ruredy
Born Wild

Not sure about that number, pm milo and ask him. I did look through the belts that were in there online catalog but couldn't find it, they do have wider belts like that, I just couldn't find the right one. there online catalog is pretty hard to search through. We know these belts are 1-3/16" wide, I would just carry one up there to match the profile. They may have it listed for a Polaris, like a 96 trail blazer 250 or many others models that use the same belt. I have been running a Polaris belt on one of my carts for the last few years.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #17
milo32000
Not Yet Wild

I have a 02 txt, the shorter belt I put on was EZGO # 22337g1, which is a Gates 6098, I think it fits a 91 EZGO 2 stroke .It`s a little tight to get on, but it`s well worth the effort as it will climb like a cat in heat. Please fell free to touch base with me if you need any help !

Milo
Old 10-17-2007, 08:45 PM   #18
TVH
Getting Wild

Thanks for the info guys. The Napa store didn't know what to do with that part #
Old 11-02-2007, 11:39 PM   #19
tbolt
Gone Wild

I tried a short belt but went with the 28 degree clutch and stock belt climbs really good and still have top end.

Glen
Old 01-15-2008, 09:32 AM   #20
ruredy
Born Wild

I have posted this info before but I decided to include it in this sticky because it is a very worth while mod. also I know Glenn will be happy about it.

This is an alternative mod for those who don't want to spend the big bucks on on buying the 28deg clutch

The 28 degree driven clutch comes standard on the ST utility trucks, it is made for load hauling and pulling power, and to compensate for larger tires. I can't think of any cons at all to it, it's really the best way to improve your low end power. If you don't feel like spending alot for a 28deg clutch you can change just the cam on the 36 degree driven clutch to a 28 degree cam. This is provided your clutch is in good shape to start with. check to see which cam your driven clutch already has before buying the parts for this mod. the normal txt clutch cam has 36 degree ramps on the cam, it will have a 36 stamped on the back of them (closest part to the rear end housing). The 28deg and has 28 stamped on it. The steeper angle on the cam makes it harder for the clutch to open thus keeping it in a lower gear longer.

The 28 degree cam, and buttons can be bought from ezgo.
E-Z-GO part #'s are
1 each - 72329-G01 Cam
3 each - 72324-G01 Button
use 120 degrees of preload, and the middle spring setting.
Thanks to ezgomike for this great info

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO > Ezgo Gas Tech