lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2020, 02:39 AM   #231
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Re: Kawasaki KVF 700 into EZGo txt?

Bump. Still running perfectly. .
This worked out well.
Made no changes to the build.
Cleaned carbs last month. Nothing else. Still riding an upright bass around bluegrass festivals. That's what it was built for. So far, no campground has said anything to me about what it is. A good many CG folk have stopped by and looked out of curiosity.
One noted weak link is the top. It isn't quite solid enough for higher speeds. Might need to shorten the top rails a bit. And add some rake to the top? Need one of those moly tube roll cages...$$$.
Sorta slack camping opportunities this year with the Covid thing. Reckon I'm 'essential' as I've not missed a day of scheduled work since this crap started.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2020, 01:10 PM   #232
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Cart and engine bay look great!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:15 PM   #233
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Can't imagine what that thing is like to drive. Really Nice
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 07:08 PM   #234
JRL
Gone Wild

It drives, sounds and rides exactly like a Kaw KVF700 Prairie ATV SRA. With a steering wheel. [emoji6]
I'd like to change the muffler as the engine is a single pin crank V-twin and sounds exactly like an 800 Harley. But campgrounds will have a problem with the noise st 2AM....

Old 10-14-2020, 10:26 PM   #235
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL View Post
Bump. Still running perfectly. .
This worked out well.
Made no changes to the build.
Cleaned carbs last month. Nothing else. Still riding an upright bass around bluegrass festivals. That's what it was built for. So far, no campground has said anything to me about what it is. A good many CG folk have stopped by and looked out of curiosity.
One noted weak link is the top. It isn't quite solid enough for higher speeds. Might need to shorten the top rails a bit. And add some rake to the top? Need one of those moly tube roll cages...$$$.
Sorta slack camping opportunities this year with the Covid thing. Reckon I'm 'essential' as I've not missed a day of scheduled work since this crap started.
Cheers!

What a nice looking cart. Good to see one that don't have the rear seat hanging on back making people ride facing the wrong way
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:20 AM   #236
JRL
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
What a nice looking cart. Good to see one that don't have the rear seat hanging on back making people ride facing the wrong way
With my long rear suspension, the cart's rather limited back there. The weight capacity could be upped, but the ride would suffer. It's plush. But with the long wheelbase, it drives well. No wandering unless running over odd ground level. Still safe. Going on the 3rd year without problems.

Old 10-21-2021, 02:51 AM   #237
JRL
Gone Wild

Added power steering to the cart. This has been a saga.
The cart still run great, looks good, and now the one glaring weakness is resolved. No more heavy steering. The cart was a beast in tight areas. Wife couldn't deal with it.
It ain't now.
Got the chrome column cover in and will wrap this project this weekend. Yamaha 1.77" column cover fits Toyota Prius column diameter.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps