lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2023, 06:58 PM   #1
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Best Cart to Start with for a Custom Build Attempt

thinking of building a vintage car replica. want to do something like a Stutz Bearcat or similar. at least a 2 seater, maybe 4, with 2 forward 2 rear. would not mind building an open top version of my 29 Chevrolet either :)

just wondering what would be the best frame & guts to start with ? and what generation ?

Also on the fence if i want gas or electric. Really thinking gas, so i can drive it and enjoy it and have little down time to recharge. not familiar with the newer style AC motors and runtimes on those per charge. don't need to go 50mph but 25mph or so would be ideal.

would not mind mixing pieces and parts either if that would make a better riding, driving, stopping cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_E1261.JPG (90.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1960371859_ArrowFlyerfront.jpg (43.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (181.9 KB, 0 views)
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2023, 01:23 PM   #2
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best Cart to Start with for a Custom Build Attempt

Get 80’s ezgo with the 2pg
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 03:28 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Get yourself an ezgo txt post 95 but better post 2001. Plenty available and plenty of parts available.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 04:01 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Get a more modern Ezgo TXT48. Use Lithium battery and Alltrax controller for the best performance. I'm assuming you modify the frame and utilize the complete drive system. Sounds like a fun project. Check out the Army Jeep build by The New Guy.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 04:18 PM   #5
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

thanks for the input...

really on the fence if i want to do gas or electric.

love the mechanics of the gas engine and the sound :) probably stay stock for a while then maybe do a big block swap over later on. also can drive all day and not have to stop, if you run out of gas takes a few minutes to refill and on your way

electric has instant torque and has come a long way now with AC and brushless motors, etc... pro is the instant torque, and good drive time on good batteries and charge. downside is if it dies in the middle of the day you have to wait for it to recharge. plus have power at hand to recharge. some places we do the shows there is NO power available !!
Old 01-29-2023, 10:36 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFan315 View Post
thanks for the input...

really on the fence if i want to do gas or electric.

love the mechanics of the gas engine and the sound :) probably stay stock for a while then maybe do a big block swap over later on. also can drive all day and not have to stop, if you run out of gas takes a few minutes to refill and on your way

electric has instant torque and has come a long way now with AC and brushless motors, etc... pro is the instant torque, and good drive time on good batteries and charge. downside is if it dies in the middle of the day you have to wait for it to recharge. plus have power at hand to recharge. some places we do the shows there is NO power available !!

as far as gas or electric goes.....even thinking about "all day", the question I would have is how FAR, distance wise, are you refering too? mine is a 48v EZGO that is totally done.....with a new pack....my range is 26 to 28 miles, and that was running full throttle (28-30 mph) the whole time. my testing was to run a circuit round a dedicated route that was 5.5 miles long, ran it twice none stop and stopped for 30 minutes....then 3 more trips around total of 27.5 miles and after a short rest was still at 60% charge.

HOWEVER.....in your case, as you mentioned the "sound", I too would most likely opt for a gas.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:14 PM   #7
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Get yourself an ezgo txt post 95 but better post 2001. Plenty available and plenty of parts available.
looked at a few ezgo... was trying to find a PRE mci with a 350 !!
Old 01-30-2023, 12:20 PM   #8
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
as far as gas or electric goes.....even thinking about "all day", the question I would have is how FAR, distance wise, are you refering too? mine is a 48v EZGO that is totally done.....with a new pack....my range is 26 to 28 miles, and that was running full throttle (28-30 mph) the whole time. my testing was to run a circuit round a dedicated route that was 5.5 miles long, ran it twice none stop and stopped for 30 minutes....then 3 more trips around total of 27.5 miles and after a short rest was still at 60% charge.

HOWEVER.....in your case, as you mentioned the "sound", I too would most likely opt for a gas.
yeah that is a good question. never really measured how far i drive around. sometimes it is not much, and the fully charged battery cart survived no issues. some events have killed a fully charged electric by dinner time. barely made it back to the charger area :)
the las event we did in may 2 was a huge event. luckily i had a gas cart, and drove hte wheels off that thing. huge compound and running back and forth from sow field to trailer lot was 1.5 miles one way, and at 12mph seemed like forvever to get there and back.... bbbzzzzzzzz

in general use either should work.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides