lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2020, 10:29 AM   #1
rshosted
Not Yet Wild

Default Is there a way to limit/govern speed stock curtis controller with switch for kids

So this is probably the silliest question, considering I just had my controller reprogrammed to get it as fast as possible.... but is there any way with a stock controller (curtis) to put in some type of switch that will lower the top speed of the golf cart? (‘14 ezgo rxv)

I was just thinking, one day the kids will want to drive it and I don’t want them doing 25-30 mph....

Thanks in advance,
Ryan
rshosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2020, 03:16 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Is there a way to limit/govern speed stock curtis controller with switch for kids

Not super easily. Mount a block of wood behind the gas pedal.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:42 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is there a way to limit/govern speed stock curtis controller with switch for kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshosted View Post
So this is probably the silliest question, considering I just had my controller reprogrammed to get it as fast as possible.... but is there any way with a stock controller (curtis) to put in some type of switch that will lower the top speed of the golf cart? (‘14 ezgo rxv)

I was just thinking, one day the kids will want to drive it and I don’t want them doing 25-30 mph....

Thanks in advance,
Ryan
Hey there Ryan

I recently worked out a way of doing this. A rabbit/turtle switch is now possible with the RXV. It requires adding a switch to select modes, and adding the support wiring to connect it. It allows the maximum speed for each of the 2 modes to be dialed in as desired. It can be configured to be selected with a keyswitch on the dash if you need it to be securely selected.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 08:09 PM   #4
rshosted
Not Yet Wild

Bob! Is there anything you can’t do?!?! That’s great. Does it require programming? I can easily add a switch under the seat.

Is there a wiring diagram on what I need to do by chance?
Old 05-03-2020, 09:25 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshosted View Post
Bob! Is there anything you can’t do?!?! That’s great. Does it require programming? I can easily add a switch under the seat.

Is there a wiring diagram on what I need to do by chance?
Your controller is already reprogrammed and configured for it. It's not yet documented for the do it yourselfer. It requires adding a personality switch box, and splicing its 4 wire harness into the RXVs wiring harness. Eventually we'll get installation instructions drawn up for it. I really don't want to build these myself. I need to find someone to build them and make them available for the members. The box itself can be put behind the dash, under the cupholder, or under the seat.

Bob
Old 05-03-2020, 09:33 PM   #6
rshosted
Not Yet Wild

Let me know what it looks like. It sounds doable with some piggyback splices and a simple switch, and crimp connectors. Email me if you’d like.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:39 AM   #7
Twilson12992
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Hey there Ryan

I recently worked out a way of doing this. A rabbit/turtle switch is now possible with the RXV. It requires adding a switch to select modes, and adding the support wiring to connect it. It allows the maximum speed for each of the 2 modes to be dialed in as desired. It can be configured to be selected with a keyswitch on the dash if you need it to be securely selected.

Bob
I would love to know how to do this once it is ready for DIY or if a member starts making the switch. I am very happy with my Bob Boyce tuned 350 amp controller at 34 mph but my child who will be able to start driving the CG soon will not be driving the RXV at that speed.
Twilson12992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:22 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Your controller is already reprogrammed and configured for it. It's not yet documented for the do it yourselfer. It requires adding a personality switch box, and splicing its 4 wire harness into the RXVs wiring harness. Eventually we'll get installation instructions drawn up for it. I really don't want to build these myself. I need to find someone to build them and make them available for the members. The box itself can be put behind the dash, under the cupholder, or under the seat.

Bob
I might be interested in building them. Keep us posted.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:44 PM   #9
Jaybird18
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I’m interested in this as well
Jaybird18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:03 PM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO