lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2020, 05:57 AM   #1
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Default Golf Cart Gas

Does a Yamaha g9 have a rev limiter mine runs fine in reverse but takes along time when in fwd to speed up also seems to have pleanty of power when jacked up not much power when wheels are on the ground Thanks
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2020, 09:29 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Golf Cart Gas

There is a specific "Gas Yamaha" sub forum that you might want to post this in. It get a lot of traffic and I suspect you will get a lot more views / responses there than here.

Off the cuff, an simple check is that you may want to make sure that your starter belt isn't slipping upon start up.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:20 PM   #3
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: Golf Cart Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckian View Post
Does a Yamaha g9 have a rev limiter mine runs fine in reverse but takes along time when in fwd to speed up also seems to have pleanty of power when jacked up not much power when wheels are on the ground Thanks

Your G9 is 20 + years old = has unknown hours run time on a 8 hp engine. Please consider the idea of a clone engine repower. I have a G2 and it was pretty well cared for and clean when I bought it. It had no power and was a mild smoker with a top speed of 18 mph. I got hooked up with Vegas Carts and have 3 460's in various toys. My G2 with 8 to 1 ratio gears and 25 inch tires cruises a 30-35 mph constant speed. Never revs over 3800 rpm.
I'm sorry there isn't more one can do with a stock G9 engine to make it rev more, especially with the rev limiter. Have you removed the transaxle governor?

=
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson