lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2014, 03:19 AM   #1
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Access panel ?

I've been doing a lot of trouble shooting on 93 CC and an access panel sure would have made it easier on these old bones. Does anyone know of a source ? I'm looking at replacing a bad controller (scottyb are you listening ? ) and figure now would be a good time to cut in an access panel. Any thoughts would help. Thanks.
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2014, 07:37 AM   #2
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Access panel ?

never mind I see the year in your post. .
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:45 AM   #3
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Tag,

It just may be easier to remove the complete rear body?

Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #4
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

I considered that but it would involve a roof, F&R s/w, charger plug-in and a snap-down full enclosure. All that to get some test leads on the controller without getting zapped. Just thought there must be a better way. It's like the wife's car- 20 min. of wrench work just to maintain the battery.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:01 PM   #5
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Unless you have insanely long arms and wanna go up from the bottom, your only two choices are to pull the rear body or work in the blind with your arms wedged between the batteries and seat hole opening. I've done both - prefer the body removal even though it is a PITA. Guess once you have the body off you could find dimensions for the access hole and cut your own, then just buy an access cover - but the screw inserts you'd need in the body wouldn't be there.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #6
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well I don't have gorilla arms but I did remove the right rear wheel and mud panel to attack it that way. Good to hear from you again Yellow.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #7
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
Well I don't have gorilla arms but I did remove the right rear wheel and mud panel to attack it that way. Good to hear from you again Yellow.
That's a way I've never tried - I'll have to remember that one for next time. I hope you find that your controller is good, but in my experience with these carts (kept a whole fleet of 93s for the course I worked at, own 2) I've found that the V-glide is pretty solid - it rarely malfunctions, and the solenoid is a likely suspect if the cart won't move (even if it clicks). If you rule out the solenoid and if you determine all the connections are tight, right, and clean, then you're usually looking at a fried controller.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #8
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

I have the access panels and screw inserts if you want them. Shoot me a PM if you are interested
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car