lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
Captkonradb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Solenoid suspects?

Good noting all, I would like to first say thanks for all of the great info I have read over the last few months while rebuilding the (36 volt) 85 DS I've been working on.
I've finely gotten it back together after a full battery change out with Trojan T-105s which each have 6.5 volts after a full charge. Switched out all motor, FNR switch and battery wires for 2/0 cable (welding lead), probably a bit of over kill. A 6in A-arm lift and 22-11-10 wheels and tires. And finlly 5 new solenoids.
My problem is that after installing the solenoids the cart was running at a strong 18 MPH, at the end of the first trip when I would depress the gas it acted like it was going straight to the finle solenoid and would burn rubber. I got it back into the garage and found that as soon as I would turn the key on I could hear one of the solenoids engaging. I pulled the rear cowling back off to sort through the wiring and now (of course) it seams to be operating normally, only now I'm only getting 13MPH. I jacked up the rear end and I get no movement on the first click and then successfully more speed through the 2nd, 3rd and 4th clicks but the 5th click does not seem to be get much if any faster but, it does seem to be engaging. With the gas all of the way on the floor at full speed, it feels like the coil farthest to the passenger side is heating up, not searing hot but heating up.
This is the first cart I've ever done but it won't be the last, thanks to all of the great info I've read without posting a question, it's been a lot of fun, I appreciate any help you guys might give me.
Thanks, Konrad
Captkonradb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
Captkonradb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Solenoid suspects?

Well, I figured this one out on my own, Well with a little help from my Dad. My strong suit is aerospace propellants and pneumatics, not so much with with electrical. My father however is a electronics wiz and after some council with him I realized that I had applied WAY too much anti corrosive material ( in this case Vaseline) to the signal side of the solenoids. Once this was cleaned and reinstalled the cart runs like a champ! It's good to put the stuff on but do it after the connectors have been matted.
I hope this helps someone else.
Konrad
Captkonradb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speed controller, wireing
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car