lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
tjb406
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 2000 club car rear end shifter

Has anybody ever had the shifter for forward and reverse spin comletly around whithout engaging forward or reverse? it will go all the way around to one point then stop you can move it back the other direction till it gets to the same spot again but has no resistance any where except the spot it stops at. the input shaft still spins and the axles both still spin but it is like it is in neutral.
tjb406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
Buickguy
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 club car rear end shifter

I had that very thing on my '01. A roll pin worked loose for the bottom of the shift shaft.
The dealer told me it was because I wasn't letting the engine spinning stop spinning before I shifted.

Here's what I went through
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buickguy View Post
My '01 DS developed an issue while pushing snow Friday.
I've got the idle switch mod in and ground speed governor tied.
It turn out that shifting while the engine is turning puts a lot of stresses on the shifter. The roll pin ended up working its way out.
Part 15 in this diagram. The shift lever, Part 14, then dropped of shift shaft Part 9.

The CC dealer quoted me $800 for repair, so I decided to try it myself. Teardown is tedious but not too bad, about seven hours. I got lucky that the pin was still in the the side of the shift ever. The actual repair took two minutes setting the lever back on the shift shaft and driving the roll pin back in.

The lesson learned is to let the engine come to a stop before shifting in to reverse.
Buickguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
tjb406
Gone Wild
Club Car

That funny you posted that. I just found it on a google search. Tryed search here but it dident come up. Going to tear it apart latter and see if thats the problem.thanks for the reply.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
tjb406
Gone Wild
Club Car

well i just got in from the garage and im not that lucky. i bought this rear hopefull for my convertion but when i went to pick it up we noticed the shifter lever was doing the spinning so i got it for 75.00. because we dident know for sure if it was good. well any way somewhere along the line some one needed some parts,the shift fork and the shaft that it rides on is gone. anybody got any parts?
Old 02-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
tjb406
Gone Wild
Club Car

i need 33 34 35 36
Old 02-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
Buickguy
Getting Wild

Club Car

I had priced some parts from Club Car when mine let go. The roll pin, part 15 in the diagram, is only like 80 cents. That level, part 14 in the diagram is about $75 however.
I didn't price the fork (not shown in the diagram but you see it in the photo) so I'm sure about what it would cost new.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
tjb406
Gone Wild
Club Car

the picshift fork.jpg
Old 02-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
tjb406
Gone Wild
Club Car

wow buickguy your fast! lol i hope some ones got one layin around thats good for parts. if i had the lenght and diamiter of the rod i think i could make most of it. might not be pretty but it would work.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #9
Buickguy
Getting Wild

Club Car

If you are good with a lathe, that rod could be made. The detents for the spring and ball would be the tricky part.
The really expensive part is the shift fork. If I recall, that's around $175.00
Old 02-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
tjb406
Gone Wild
Club Car

if nobdy has a used one im gonna try and make it all. drillrod for the shaft stainless for the rest. you are right about the detents though that will be the most difficult part.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car