lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Default 2008 club car precedent speed question

Hey guys,

All of a sudden my cart seems to run slow. (Like stage 2)

I have installed the speed magnet and it did run faster, however last week it seems that it has gone back to the stage 2. I have not had time to pull the magnet yet but I did try the "speed sensor test" located in the stickies. ( cart was hard to push and the roll away buzzer sounded).

Also, it "seems" like when I first get in and hit the go pedal it starts going like it should for the first 3-4 feet but then all of a sudden it slows. Like the motor is slowing itself down.

I was wondering what you think the issue could be?

Edit;

From stickies: , push the vehicle manually to simulate a vehicle roll-away. The "Roll-Away" braking feature will attempt to slow the car to keep it from "Rolling away" This will be accompanied by a series of "Beeps" from the reverse buzzer while the car is slowing itself down. If the vehicle pushes freely with no resistance this will tell you that there is no communication from the vehicle speed sensor to the controller. 99% of the time this means that there is a speed sensor failure. Once it's replaced the car will return to normal working condition.

The roll away buzzer did sound but I don't think the cart tried to slow itself. ??

Thanks,
Dank
dankfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
cmar143
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2008 club car precedent speed question

Sounds like an mcor issue...have seen the same behavior with a bad mcor and I have changed a bunch recently. You can test the mcor with a DVM on ohms just pull the floor mat up and remove the 4 screws around the pedal assy. Remove the 3 wire harness and put your dvm leads where the yellow and white wires were on the mcor and have someone push the pedal slowly. You should see something close to 6k that goes down to 0 with the pedal fully depressed and the signal should react exactly to what the pedal is doing. In other words it should stop when pedal is still and just move a little when pedal is moved a little. You can also remove the big harness that plugs into the controller and check the white and yellow wires there but its just as much work as removing the floor mat. Where are you located?
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Thanks,

What does mcor stand for?

Raleigh NC.

It is actually going back to the dealer on Friday for a lift kit and wheels. Maybe he can check it out. What is the cost of a new one?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankfoot View Post
Thanks,

What does mcor stand for?
Motor Controller Output Regulator
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
cmar143
Gone Wild

The dealer can easily hook up a programmer to it and find the problem but they usually charge a good price to connect that tool. If you were in sw fl I would do the same at no charge. Good luck
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Once again thanks guys,

Actually when I told him the issue he said he had something that he could hook up to it and test for issues.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Ok, I need some help.

The dealer put my cart on his computer and got no error codes. He did replace the mcor with a brand new one and the cart is still only going about 7-10 mph.

He tested the batteries with a volt meter and each battery was reading slightly over 12 volts. But this was not over a load.

So now the dealer is going to remove the batteries and test each one with a load tester.

He is saying that since he got no error codes he is thinking it is the batteries that are making the cart so slow.

Any thoughts?

Lifted with Speed code 3 with a speed magnet. Only running 10 mph max.

Also, if it is the batteries I think I will replace them with US batteries. Are these ok or should I use a different brand?

Thanks,
Old 02-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankfoot View Post
Ok, I need some help.

The dealer put my cart on his computer and got no error codes. He did replace the mcor with a brand new one and the cart is still only going about 7-10 mph.

He tested the batteries with a volt meter and each battery was reading slightly over 12 volts. But this was not over a load.

So now the dealer is going to remove the batteries and test each one with a load tester.

He is saying that since he got no error codes he is thinking it is the batteries that are making the cart so slow.

Any thoughts?

Lifted with Speed code 3 with a speed magnet. Only running 10 mph max.

Also, if it is the batteries I think I will replace them with US batteries. Are these ok or should I use a different brand?

Thanks,
It sounds like your dealer doesn't know what they're doing. Tell them fault codes don't register under "system faults" unless they're currently failing at the exact time you're viewing it. The fault history menu was doubtfully completely empty. New cars off the truck usually have an error code or two in them. Also ask them why they feel the need to remove the batteries to load test them. My advice to you is to read the "sticky" thread that is posted at the top of this section about the speed sensor test and post your results.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #9
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Thanks David,

Did you read my first post? I did push the cart and the buzzer sounded however i'm not sure if the cart tried to slow itself.

So if the buzzer does sound but the cart does not try to stop itself can that still be the speed sensor?

Also, so you are saying he needs to look at the fault history and not look to see if the cart is throw a error code right then?

I beleive he said that he turned off the roll away feature. So does this need to be left on?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #10
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Bump
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car