lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
sandbag3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2006 electric Precedent light kit install-can't get bumper off

What is the trick to get the factory bumper off the front in order to install the light kit? I see the four bolts that hold it but when I attempt to take them off they just go around and around. Are there nuts inside the bumper-if so how to access to get them off??
Thanks,
bc
sandbag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 electric Precedent light kit install-can't get bumper off

Behind the bumper there should be two long bolts that are vertical from top to bottom. One side is a 13mm and the other is a 10mm. Remove those to remove bumper. They bolt through the frame.
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
sandbag3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

UBDMAN!
I saw the bolts but thought there were four of them-there were only two but upside down and I couldn't see the nuts

Nice rig you got in site. Must be gas. Mine's electric which I just got used and all this is new to me. Wanted to put in a round battery level gauge in the place of that small square indicator. Wonder if the two wires to the indicator will just hook up to the gauge.

Anyway thanks for the assist. I am new to this site and appreciate the quick response from you.

bc
Old 05-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sandbag...Welcome!

Instead of purchasing one of the round battery level indicators, I would strongly suggest one of ScottyB's digital meters. I installed one on my cart and it has been a lifesaver. I always know what my batteries are at voltage wise and can tell if I may have a bad battery or whatever. If you want a picture of it installed I can take one and post it for you.
Go to the site sponsors tab at top of page and select Scottyb's Carts Unlimited!
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #5
sandbag3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Re: 2006 electric Precedent light kit install-can't get bumper off

Unfortunately I already bought the analog gauge. They were a lot cheaper than the digital and for my purposes it is all I really need. I can take the digital readings with the meter.

There are four wires going to the existing gauge. I wonder if the two that are not connected go to the analog meter and we are to disconnect the two that are going to the gauge.
ThanksS3
Old 05-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

It may be different, but when I installed mine I ran a new wire to the last battery in the pack for my 48 volts and then spliced into the key switch so it would only come on when the key was turned on.
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

Glad I could help and WELCOME!

I used the two wires that were already run to the dash. The black and the red are 48 volts from the pack. It stays on all the time so I can tell at a glance what my pack voltage is without turning on the key. I have the digital one and got a great price from Andy here on the site.
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
sandbag3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinds6 View Post
It may be different, but when I installed mine I ran a new wire to the last battery in the pack for my 48 volts and then spliced into the key switch so it would only come on when the key was turned on.
I understand that the gauge does not draw power.
What I wonder about now is that I installed one of those light kits and there was a blue fuse set up. What I don't understand is how will those lights run without a step down (converter). There was no mention of needing one in the instructions. The light kit certainly doesn't work off 48 V does it?
Old 05-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #9
sandbag3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBlade View Post
Glad I could help and WELCOME!

I used the two wires that were already run to the dash. The black and the red are 48 volts from the pack. It stays on all the time so I can tell at a glance what my pack voltage is without turning on the key. I have the digital one and got a great price from Andy here on the site.
What I wonder about now is that I installed one of those light kits and there was a blue fuse set up. What I don't understand is how will those lights run without a step down (converter). There was no mention of needing one in the instructions. The light kit certainly doesn't work off 48 V does it?
Old 05-31-2012, 05:55 AM   #10
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbag3 View Post
What is your battery setup, 4-12v?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
? bumper off 2006 prec.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car