lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
buggiegonebad
Not Yet Wild

Default General operation of a Lestronic II charger

hi again guys and gals, what i have is a old but nice 85 CC 36v. with brand new trojan batteries i just installed. i have a Lestronic II "auto" charger and plugged it in the other night to charge the new batteries (heavy charge and needle up high) and went out the next morning and the charger was still on and the needle down to the bottom and barely charging... i figured it would be charged within hours and "off" by morning...??? i popped the tops on the batteries and they were still full and barely a fiss of little bubbles, all wires were cool and batteries cool... about like it was trickle charging that morning. i guess the question is, how does this charger work? does it stay on and trickle after time? does it turn on and off as needed? it kinda scared me with my new batteries thanks for your input and will be watching replys, brad
buggiegonebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2008, 01:12 AM   #2
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: General operation of a Lestronic II charger

I'm no expert but sounds like charger is doing its job. Batteries can take 10-12 hours to charge and your charger was probably still in the "float stage", which eqalizes the batteries.
Charger should turn off auto when done.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:31 AM   #3
buggiegonebad
Not Yet Wild

cool mike, i figuring its ok, but been treading lightly with it. i knew it shut off on my old junk batteries. thanks for the input and will be watching close. brad
Old 05-31-2008, 07:41 AM   #4
buggiegonebad
Not Yet Wild

its working! i baby sat it this morning and charged and shut off fine :-) thanks again all and the forum is a great thing. brad
Old 05-31-2008, 08:05 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Cool. You are correct to keep a close eye on it until you are certain everything is working as it should.
Good Luck.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car