lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2020, 07:26 PM   #1
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Default Un-install flow rite battery filler question

I am swapping out some dead onward batteries and have to turn the dead pd+ for the core charge. It has the flow rite battery filler system on them. If I take them off...how can I cap the batteries so they don’t spill? I need to take them off tonight. I bought it like this so I don’t have any caps that may have come off them. Can I just put some tape over them, or are they a universal fit and - auto store might have some?

TIA
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2020, 07:41 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Un-install flow rite battery filler question

If you are replacing all 6, let the flow Rite go with them.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:10 PM   #3
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If you are replacing all 6, let the flow Rite go with them.
Thought about that. I’d just have to take it off and on a few time to move it. May try some wine corks and see if they happen to fit lol
Old 02-14-2020, 12:09 AM   #4
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Take them to the battery shop then remove the flow rite if you want to keep it. The battery shop will have some spare caps if they want to cap them but if they are just dismantling them anyway they might not even bother.

Personally, I had a single point watering system on my cart when I bought it and I replaced it with caps because I didn't like it. It was too easy to overfill the cells and I prefer to see what I'm putting in.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:57 AM   #5
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
Take them to the battery shop then remove the flow rite if you want to keep it. The battery shop will have some spare caps if they want to cap them but if they are just dismantling them anyway they might not even bother.

Personally, I had a single point watering system on my cart when I bought it and I replaced it with caps because I didn't like it. It was too easy to overfill the cells and I prefer to see what I'm putting in.
One of my employees is brining them as he is doing pickups and deliveries so it wasn’t that easy. I just snipped the lines and pulled them out. Buddy just got a cart with the same system without the bulb pump section so I’ll give that to him. New batteries won’t take that system and idk if ill go back with one.

Wine corks will not fit lol.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car