lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2020, 03:52 PM   #11
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 Club Car DS Hunting Buggy Build

Can't do much work during the week, so I brainstorm on ideas to improve the hunting buggy. Today I bought some 48v LED indicator lights. Plan on mounting one in my new dash and bypassing the reverse buzzer. I plan on using this for hunting and hate the idea of spooking everything in the county if I need to backup. So hopefully instead of an annoying buzzer when I put it in reverse, I'll have a nice red LED light that will light up. Still toying with the idea of using a switch to go back and forth between the LED light and the buzzer for when the kids or whoever is driving the cart.
barlowchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2020, 02:08 AM   #12
Dlab
Gone Wild

I have a true hunting buggy......Absolutely no buzzers or lights around here. Have some chargeable bicycle lights with mounts on the cart if needed. Deer see lights from a long way off, nomatter how quiet the cart is...

Since going silent I’ve improved on my collection of bone....
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 06:55 AM   #13
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlab View Post
I have a true hunting buggy......Absolutely no buzzers or lights around here. Have some chargeable bicycle lights with mounts on the cart if needed. Deer see lights from a long way off, nomatter how quiet the cart is...

Since going silent I’ve improved on my collection of bone....
That's a good point. I do like the idea of a very dim light for early morning. The dimmer the better.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:07 AM   #14
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowchiro View Post
Can't do much work during the week, so I brainstorm on ideas to improve the hunting buggy. Today I bought some 48v LED indicator lights. Plan on mounting one in my new dash and bypassing the reverse buzzer. I plan on using this for hunting and hate the idea of spooking everything in the county if I need to backup. So hopefully instead of an annoying buzzer when I put it in reverse, I'll have a nice red LED light that will light up. Still toying with the idea of using a switch to go back and forth between the LED light and the buzzer for when the kids or whoever is driving the cart.
I built a hunting buggy as well. Here is a link to my build thread on post #205 where we start to discuss "deleting" the speaker, and/or swapping it out for an indicator light.http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lithi...ml#post1595831

I ended up just deleting the speaker, for now. I would say, if you put an indicator light on it, to use a red light for a hunting buggy.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:43 AM   #15
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I built a hunting buggy as well. Here is a link to my build thread on post #205 where we start to discuss "deleting" the speaker, and/or swapping it out for an indicator light.http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lithi...ml#post1595831

I ended up just deleting the speaker, for now. I would say, if you put an indicator light on it, to use a red light for a hunting buggy.
Thanks! Awesome thread! I have the Alltrax SR48500 controller. Do I need to add something to make sure my reverse buzzer/light comes on when the switch is in reverse mode as opposed to it coming on after the pedal is pressed?
Old 01-31-2020, 07:19 AM   #16
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowchiro View Post
Thanks! Awesome thread! I have the Alltrax SR48500 controller. Do I need to add something to make sure my reverse buzzer/light comes on when the switch is in reverse mode as opposed to it coming on after the pedal is pressed?
Thanks! It was a fun build!

Based on what Sergio posted on the thread I linked to on my thread, it sounds like you might need to add a diode. I unfortunately don't know for sure. Hopefully he will see this and chime in. If not, you could maybe start another thread titled specifically to the question and I'm sure he or someone else will give advice on how to handle it.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:42 AM   #17
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Thanks! It was a fun build!

Based on what Sergio posted on the thread I linked to on my thread, it sounds like you might need to add a diode. I unfortunately don't know for sure. Hopefully he will see this and chime in. If not, you could maybe start another thread titled specifically to the question and I'm sure he or someone else will give advice on how to handle it.
Yea that is what I was thinking too. Maybe he will chime in and let me know where I need to add that diode so that the buzzer/light will activate as soon as it is switched into reverse.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2020, 03:14 PM   #18
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

So today I figured I was pressure wash the body to get it ready for hydro dip. While I was at it I removed the factory head lights and tail lights and the no step covers.

Figured I might as well hit the frame while I was at it.

After that it was time to replace the motor. The D&D motor was quite a bit bigger than the stock motor so I had to drop the rear axle in order to install it. Luckily the factory motor came off with just a few wacks of the hammer.

After installing the new motor I figured I removed the factory controller and solenoid. I had the new Alltrax 48500 and the HD solenoid already, so I mounted them up using the Alltrax mounting bracket and solenoid mounting bracket. The Alltrax mounting bracket lined up with two of my factory controller holes and I had to drill an extra one to secure it properly but I think it turned out OK,

Is it OK to have the solenoid laying on it's side like that?

Hopefully tomorrow I can start wiring the new controller and solenoid with my upgraded 2gauge wires for the new motor/controller/solenoid as well as install the new HD F/R switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5170.jpg (159.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5181.jpg (153.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5185.jpg (112.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-01-2020, 06:25 PM   #19
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Is it OK to have the solenoid laying on it's side like that?

It'll work that way but for longevity I believe it should be mounted upright.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 09:18 AM   #20
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Solenoid is OK sideways (actually better for some designs), the only invalid position is upside down.

The single micro-switch FNR is not designed for Controller carts so You are limited to add additional functionality.

The diode comment on that thread was related to using a Reversing Contactor with a DPDT toggle switch.

You also cannot do the reverse buzzer like the old resistor carts that used that FNR since the Motor does not connect directly to B-.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car