lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2020, 03:46 PM   #1
gibbywmu
Not Yet Wild

Default 6" Lift Kit - Pickle Fork Needed?

Hi All,

New project this weekend. Will be adding this 6" lift kit to my 93 CC DS. I've seen suggestions on using a pickle fork to separate the ball joints, but after watching several videos, I don't see them using one.

https://steelenggolfcart.com/wp-cont...A-ARM-LIFT.pdf

This cart is in great shape with minimal to no rust anywhere. Since I've never done this before, does anyone suggest that I go buy a pickle fork to use just in case? I don't mind, they aren't expensive.

Wanted to get some feedback from others and see if that was a necessity.

Thanks!
gibbywmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2020, 06:17 PM   #2
retiredtech
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 6" Lift Kit - Pickle Fork Needed?

As a professional auto tech I never used one. On the cart the press ain’t that tight. I found that pickle fork was more likely to tear the boots. Smacking the side of the arms is an art of how you hit it not how hard.

DO NOT HIT THE STUD
retiredtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:00 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

A pickle fork will just ruin the dust boot. Little whack on the side of the steering arm with a hammer and it should pop out. After you take the nut off, thread it back on the stud a couple turns so when you miss with the hammer you don't fudge the threads.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:18 AM   #4
gibbywmu
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys! I won't go out of my way to buy a pickle fork then :)..........and I won't hit the stud!
gibbywmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car