lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2018, 07:04 PM   #1
Qman97
Getting Wild

Default 2009 precedent

Just picked up a 2009 precedent that was listed as "for parts only" was told it was looked at and needed a new controller. I attached the wire to the key switch and the car moved and all seemed to be working. I have the D&D motor that is supposed to run to 20mph or so but I'm lucky to hit 10mph.

I would drive it about 10 feet and it would drop out. I did the pedal stomp and it seemed to work but was slow. I picked up a new MCOR4 and put that in this weekend hoping it was that. No such luck. It will still drop out then go but slow. All the batteries read 8.8-9.0 and the pack is at 52 after charging.

I have a 48v DS that I swapped in those batteries and it ran a little better but still not to top speed. It only dropped out twice and not anywhere top speed. I'm thinking it's the batteries???? Bad cell???? I checked it after driving and all of them were reading fine. I didn't meter them while driving.

Will a bad speed sensor cause this drop out issue and slow speed issue? I tried to remove it from the back of the motor and the 2 small screws sheared off so I'm going to have to figure that out too......small self tapping screws? Drill new holes?

John
Qman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2018, 07:09 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Need help/guidance

Speed senor will only put you in Limp mode, not prevent the cart from running or make it "drop out"

You need to test it when it drops out and see where you are losing the permissive. Is it the solenoid opening?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:09 PM   #3
Qman97
Getting Wild

Solenoid is good. I forgot to say I did the rollaway test and nothing, no beeps, rolls free forward or reverse or neutral
Old 11-11-2018, 08:13 PM   #4
Qman97
Getting Wild

The cart runs it just drops power until I feather the pedal. With the good batteries out of the DS it ran around the block and only did the hesitation one time. It didn't feel like I was anywhere near full speed and even with the go pedal to the floor I would guess I was only at about 10 mph or so
Old 11-11-2018, 08:43 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The faulty speed sensor will cut your speed to 1/2 due to Limp Mode. Fix it first and then we can the output from the MCOR.

Sounds like you have the ADC motor, so here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...or-made-in-usa is were you get one.

In regards to the screws, I have gotten them off before with needle-nose channel locks.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:01 PM   #6
Qman97
Getting Wild

This is the speed sensor I have. Will the top hat one work?image.jpeg
Old 11-11-2018, 09:03 PM   #7
Qman97
Getting Wild

I did notice a worn spot on the inside from the magnet screw. The magnet "looks" good has 3 dimples and a 2 on it if that helps anything

image.jpeg
Old 11-11-2018, 09:05 PM   #8
Qman97
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post

In regards to the screws, I have gotten them off before with needle-nose channel locks.

Both broke off flush with the case.......FML

I can't win for trying.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:09 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That's an aftermarket speed sensor. Is that an OEM motor? What does it say on the name plate?

No, a GE style speed senor will not work....
Old 11-12-2018, 04:54 AM   #10
Qman97
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
That's an aftermarket speed sensor. Is that an OEM motor? What does it say on the name plate?

No, a GE style speed senor will not work....

It's the D&D #170-506-0002
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car