lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2018, 10:29 AM   #1
AbnTgr01
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default batteey

ok guys,
I know before I type this some of the responses but let me explain first.
I have a 48 volt club car that the batteries are gone in. I don't have 700$ at moment to replace. I have a resources to 12 volt batteries that are new for cheap. how many people use 12 volt and how good are they?
all we use cart for is when we are at lake house. we go from house to dock on it.. so maybe only running it a mile or 2 all weekend

will these batteries work till I can afford a good set is the main question
AbnTgr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2018, 10:42 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: batteey

Are they 12 volt golf cart batteries or 12 auto batteries? if they are 12 volt golf cart batteries they will work fine . the difference between 8 volt and 12 volt GC batteries is amp hours which relates to run time. if they are auto batteries they wont last with the deep draw from the cart and constant charging.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #3
AbnTgr01
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

auto batteries. all I need them to do is last me this summer
AbnTgr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:48 PM   #4
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Go get 4 deep cycle marine trolling motor batteries at Walmart. Use them for the summer and then sell them to fishermen to help offset the cost of new GC batteries.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:57 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you’re really just trying to get by short term, charge and test what you’ve got first. Usually thery don’t all die completely at the same time. While there are solid reasons to replace the entire pack as a whole, you might pick up a couple “cores” someone else has turned in to supplement whatever you’ve got. Putting new batteries with old will kill your new ones before their time, but putting in someone else’s 5 or 6 year old (but functional) core just might be the cheap way to get by short term.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:26 PM   #6
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

If all you want to do is get by for the summer and you have access to 12v auto batteries on the cheap go ahead and get them. From what you described as normal usage they will get you through the summer. However start putting the money back cause this is a short term solution. However you should not use your cart charger to charge them as that is designed for deep cycle batteries. You will have to use a regular car charger. My uncle did this and got almost a year out of his.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car