lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2016, 05:13 PM   #1
mlucas
Not Yet Wild

Default Knocking from rear right tire

I just purchased a used 2006 Club Car and it drove fine for the first half mile and then i heard a knocking sound from the rear right tire. I ignored it and went a little further and the sound came back again . From what I can tell it happens as i slow down and when I turn so i took it back home to before anything tore up. Once I got it parked I tried to check the lug nuts on that tire to make sure that it was on properly and the lug nuts nearly burnt my finger off they were so hot. At that point i tried the other tires and they were all cool to the touch. I am not technical at all but I know someone who is and if Im able to tell them what it is they can fix it. Please help me I dont know what to do or what it could be. Thanks in advance
mlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2016, 06:45 PM   #2
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Default Re: Knocking from rear right tire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
I just purchased a used 2006 Club Car and it drove fine for the first half mile and then i heard a knocking sound from the rear right tire. I ignored it and went a little further and the sound came back again . From what I can tell it happens as i slow down and when I turn so i took it back home to before anything tore up. Once I got it parked I tried to check the lug nuts on that tire to make sure that it was on properly and the lug nuts nearly burnt my finger off they were so hot. At that point i tried the other tires and they were all cool to the touch. I am not technical at all but I know someone who is and if Im able to tell them what it is they can fix it. Please help me I dont know what to do or what it could be. Thanks in advance
How fast is the car moving? Hot lug nuts sounds like the brakes on that side are really dragging and heating up the whole hub
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:17 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The brakes are dragging. Either the brakes are installed wrong or the slide mechanisms in the bottom of the brake cluster are seized up. Take the brake drums off and check to make sure the brakes are installed correctly and that the slides are lubricated and you can move them by hand. The slides should move within their full range by hand. No additional force should be required. If you can't move them, spray them with some WD40 and work them back and forth until they free up. If they don't free up, slightly loosen the 12mm nut on the back of the slide until they get free. Once you get the slides working, re install the brake shoes. You'll have a 17L and a 17T shoe on each side. The 17L goes towards the back of the cart and the 17T goes towards the front. Markings go UP on both shoes. The large spring goes on top, and the small spring goes on the bottom. Make sure you lubricate the brake adjuster and screw it all the way back in when you re-assemble the brakes. The adjuster will self adjust the brake shoes back out to the correct tolerance between the shoe and the drum. Make sure the equalizer underneath the cart is not too tight. If it's too tight, it will keep the cable from retracting, therefore it will keep the self adjuster from retracting. When this happens, the brakes won't self adjust. The adjuster flipper needs to move in it's full range.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:07 AM   #4
mlucas
Not Yet Wild

Thank you CCFanatic and TahoeDawgZ71 you guys were right it was the brakes.
mlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:33 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Awesome.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:17 PM   #6
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Glad to help
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car