lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2016, 01:07 AM   #1
coryp89
Not Yet Wild

Default 2015 ez go rxv controller noise help!!!

I have a new 2015 ezgo rxv that makes an annoying high pitch sound when the key is on... constantly just a ringing high pitch, so I finally took it back to the dealer where I purchased it and they said it is the high speed controller making the noise and there is no way to clear it or do anything about it. I dont believe EZGO would do that but maybe they did can someone else here tell me if theirs makes this annoying sound or if there is anyway I can clear this or is it a sign the controller is bad and they need to replace it under warranty? Any help on this issue would be great. I have searched everywhere for other answers and cannot find anything about it.

Thanks,
coryp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2016, 01:56 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2015 ez go rxv controller noise help!!!

It is there on all of them, it will always be there on all of them. Anyone who has a "curtis" rxv who says "mine doesnt" has hearing damage/age that prevents them from hearing sounds in that high of a frequency range. I work at a ezgo dealer and hear that sound all day, every day.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:00 AM   #3
coryp89
Not Yet Wild

That is NOT what I was hoping to hear!!!! but thank you for letting me know I am going to play loud music until my ears can no longer hear that sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
coryp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:31 AM   #4
270Handiman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

CGT, is it the curtis controller that produces the sound? Would a controller upgrade eliminate the noise?
270Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:34 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The only controller upgrade for "curtis" rxv i know of , is based on curtis controller. No difference.. Same sound.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:17 PM   #6
superlubricity
Not Yet Wild

This should be in a sticky or FAQ somewhere. It was driving me nuts on my '13 RXV and I was ready to start troubleshooting. Although it is quite annoying, it is great to hear it is normal.
superlubricity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #7
kirksingleton
Getting Wild

My '14 does it too. It really bugged me at first, dealer said they all do it. Now I don't even notice it anymore
kirksingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO