lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #1
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 48 volt wont take a charge

Hey guys

I have a 2008 precedent 48 volt club car that will not take a charge...Put new batteries in few days ago....voltage was around 50+.....have driven it a day and pack voltage has dropped to around 48.8.....Cart runs great other than needing a speed sensor which Is on order...

The problem comes when I plug in to charge...The charger comes on but nothing is getting back to the batteries....no changes when checking with volt meter....All battery cables are new and tight and I have taken the metal plate off that has the solenoid, controller and all that stuff on and all connections seem to be tight....

Are there any voltage checks I can do before I put the plate back on...Keep in mind I have to remove the two center batteries to get the plate off.

Thanks
Bill
ncseadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #2
Luke Duke
Getting Wild

Did you reconnect both red wires to the main positive terminal?
Luke Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 48 volt wont take a charge

Thanks for responding luke duke.....Most of the carts that I deal with have two bigger wires coming from the charger plug...one red that hooks to the pack positive and one white or black that will hook to the pack negative and then usually a smaller wire that goes I think to the F/R switch

This one 48 volt precedent has one red wire that goes to the pack positive then a black and grey wire that go behind the seat plate...the grey one goes into some type of plug with no other wire in or out...The black goes to a 3 b 4 box then into the (I think the controller) then on to the pack negative....The cart runs fine but want take a charge

Bill
Old 07-11-2014, 05:22 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I had a bad AC plug one time, no voltage ground fault had tripped. Charger would click and seemed normal but would not charge.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:27 PM   #5
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Charger comes on and shows 57 plus volts going from the charger but no voltage is going into the batteries

Charger is charging another cart at this moment and is working fine
Old 07-11-2014, 05:29 PM   #6
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncseadad View Post
Thanks for responding luke duke.....Most of the carts that I deal with have two bigger wires coming from the charger plug...one red that hooks to the pack positive and one white or black that will hook to the pack negative and then usually a smaller wire that goes I think to the F/R switch

This one 48 volt precedent has one red wire that goes to the pack positive then a black and grey wire that go behind the seat plate...the grey one goes into some type of plug with no other wire in or out...The black goes to a 3 by 4 box then into the (I think the controller) then on to the pack negative....The cart runs fine but want take a charge

Bill
That is the OBC
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Check voltage at the cart where the red wire connects from charger, and were the black wire connects. The gray wire is a sensor wire. One of the wires on the cart side may have a bad connector.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

without the charger connected to the golf cart I have 48.6 volt....When I connect the charger I still have 48.6 volts....Its not accepting the voltage the charger is putting out
Old 07-11-2014, 05:51 PM   #9
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

You may need to reset the obc. Check stickys
Old 07-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #10
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

ok...I have that in a folder somewhere...Will check it tomorrow and get back to all...

Thanks
Bill
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car