lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
rnrman01
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 48V club car will not move.

Hello fellas, New to the sight and let me apologize first if this question has been previously asked. I attempted to search but ran into over 500 threads. I have a 97 CC DS 48 V. I am a first time cart owner and have been confronted with a problem I cannot figure out. Two weeks ago the cart ran awesome, parked it in the garage and went out yesterday to move it and no go. The cart jerks a little in forward and when I place the FNR swithch to reverse the reverse buzzer sounds and then fades off, then when I depress the throttle the cart jerks in reverse slightly and thats it. All batteries are new and fully charged (I Checked) I hear a click in the potentiometer when the throttle is depressed in forward or reverse but do not at the selonid. Is that normal or may the selonid be bad? I really don't know and any help would be greatly apprieciated.
rnrman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 48V club car will not move.

It could be a bad solenoid but first you have to verify that the signal for the solenoid to activate is present.

When you press the peddle (key on, cart in gear, one wheel jacked off the floor) there should be both + and - present at the 2 small solenoid terminals. Hold your test meter leads on these 2 small solenoid posts and see if you are getting the signal to activate each and every time you press the peddle. When the solenoid does engage you should hear a definitive click.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
rnrman01
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scottyb, in hopes of not sounding to stupid do I set the meter to read dc?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes DC 200 volts is a good starting range. Check the pack voltage first, it should be a minimum 48 volts.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
rnrman01
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb I did as you suggested. The solenoid read .9 with the meter attached, I turned the key on and depressed the throttle and no change still .9. The solenoid is definately not making any type of clicking noise.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Don't buy a solenoid.
The problem is in the activation circuit. You will have to print out a wiring diagram from the stickies at the top of this section to begin trouble shooting. One of the key places to check is the microswitch on the F&R (1 furthest forward)
Old 12-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
rnrman01
Not Yet Wild

Thanks scottyb I give a shot
Old 12-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #8
rnrman01
Not Yet Wild

Well ScottyB I replaced the swithches and still the same reaction (or lack of action) from the cart as stated at the beginning of my post. I checked what appears to me to be all related wireing and I cannot find any breaks or bad fuses. Any other ideas on what I can check besides just replaceing the solenoid and or the potentiometer.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #9
rnrman01
Not Yet Wild

I am in the process of replacing the coil on my cart. Is there a chance that the green resistor with the yellow and red stipe possible be a reason that the cart is doing what it is doing, or just be the coil? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1895.JPG (328.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
briparts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

sound like you may be loosing voltage.is it a series or regen?. is the solenoid clicking? connect your volt meter to the 48 battery and see if the voltage drops when you press the pedal,could be loosing voltage at a connection which will cause jerking .
briparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car